wilka91 said:
That's what kids will learn in History class in 50 years :

year 0 : birth of Jesus Christ
476 : fall of the Roman Empire
1492 : discovery of America
1789 : French Revolution
1945 : end of second World War
2004 : RELEASE OF HALF-LIFE²
Wow, you've got some flaws in there, buddy. There was never a year 0 (because you don't start counting at 0, you start counting at 1) and 1 A.D. was when Jesus died. Wasn't the Roman Empire called the Byzantine Empire by 476? Okay, end of my asshole rant.

Cute idea.

Nov 15 2004, the day the earth held it's breath.
Nov 16 2004, the day they earth stood still.
Nov 17 2004, the day the earth celebrated.

=)

You forgot, Christabelle!

Nov 15 2004, the day the earth held it's breath.
Nov 16 2004, the day they earth stood still.
Nov 17 2004, the day the earth celebrated.

Nov 18 2004, the day the earth exploded.

He_Who_Is_Steve said:
Wow, you've got some flaws in there, buddy. There was never a year 0 (because you don't start counting at 0, you start counting at 1) and 1 A.D. was when Jesus died. Wasn't the Roman Empire called the Byzantine Empire by 476? Okay, end of my asshole rant.
Cute idea.

Put down that thesaurus! or boggiling my mind with history, if it aint WWII i dnt wanna know.

WTF wos the point in this post ? hmm im dumb

Seriously though, HL2 is like... A great point in history, expecially for game developers and players.

KurtCobain said:
Put down that thesaurus! or boggiling my mind with history, if it aint WWII i dnt wanna know.

WTF wos the point in this post ? hmm im dumb
What was the point? I'm tired and I let the evil Steve get the better of me. Well, more like the nitpicky Steve. Hmm...yeah, one of those. Sorry.

He_Who_Is_Steve said:

Cute idea.

no man, no mistake

it depends in what country you live and what system your country has adopted

wilka91 said:
no man, no mistake

it depends in what country you live and what system your country has adopted
Hmm...yes... okay, I'll give you that. Thanks, I never even thought of that! I've been a complete chronological bigot! But now my eyes are open! Thank you, wilka91! Thank you!

1) Thats not taught in schools (atleas tits not in Canada)
2) Byzantine
3) America was discovered by europeans long before that
5) Some Japanese soldiers on secluded islands were still 'at war' after the surrender, but yeah your right

If we can nitpick enough the entire list is wrong, except the last part of course

year 0 : birth of Jesus Christ
476 : fall of the Roman Empire
1492 : discovery of America
1789 : French Revolution
1945 : end of second World War
1998 : RELEASE OF HALF-LIFE
2004 : RELEASE OF HALF-LIFE²

what if the game doesnt turn out to be as good as you have built it up in your minds?

rrm said:
what if the game doesnt turn out to be as good as you have built it up in your minds?

It'll be: -

2004: MASSIVE FAILURE OF HALF-LIFE 2, WORLD WAR III BEGINS.

He_Who_Is_Steve said:
Hmm...yes... okay, I'll give you that. Thanks, I never even thought of that! I've been a complete chronological bigot! But now my eyes are open! Thank you, wilka91! Thank you!
Listen, I went to school in France and Russia, and in those countries the year ZERO exists!

wilka91 said:
Listen, I went to school in France and Russia, and in those countries the year ZERO exists!
You seem to think that was sarcasm. It wasn't.

november 15th, 2004: the day that a meteor hits the earth somewhere in seattle and kills everyone there. Millions of HL2 fanboys then commit suicide in front of Vivendi's gates before the world breaks apart.

BigDaz said:
Our kids will laugh at the pathetic games we played.
Yeah...they'll all be like "Dad, this game sucks! The graphics look like shit! I mean, seriously, BUMP MAPPING? More like SHIT mapping!" And then we'll stab the little bastards...

rrm said:
then we will all give you a big pat on the back becuase you were right. :rolleyes:

Actually, it was 8 BC when Christ was born, I believe. He died in AD 24.

But don't quote me on that :p

He_Who_Is_Steve said:
Yeah...they'll all be like "Dad, this game sucks! The graphics look like shit! I mean, seriously, BUMP MAPPING? More like SHIT mapping!" And then we'll stab the little bastards...

omg that made me laugh so hard

1988 shmozy is born
2003 shmozy has sex
2004 shmozy plays hl2

sHm0zY said:
1988 shmozy is born
2003 shmozy has sex
2004 shmozy plays hl2
1985 Steve is born
2003 Steve has sex
2004 Steve plays hl2 ....and never has sex again

ACTUALLY america was wasn't discovered in 1492, it was created in 1942

boomyak said:
ACTUALLY america was wasn't discovered in 1492, it was created in 1942
HUH? Boy, you crazy. We became a sovereign nation in 1776.

Bongfarmer said:
1) Thats not taught in schools (atleas tits not in Canada)2) Byzantine
3) America was discovered by europeans long before that
5) Some Japanese soldiers on secluded islands were still 'at war' after the surrender, but yeah your right

If we can nitpick enough the entire list is wrong, except the last part of course
They don't have tits in canada?And yes HL2, will be taught in history class for ages, all will rejoice.

He_Who_Is_Steve said:
HUH? Boy, you crazy. We became a sovereign nation in 1776.

we? please don't associate me with the USA, i drink blue not bud, i'm canadian! but seriously, i was referencing to the misnomer that america was "discovered" in 1492, actually people had "known" about it for thousands of years, some of them even lived there! or so the story goes

Man I love the French Revolution. One of the more interesting wars that took place.

boomyak said:
we? please don't associate me with the USA, i drink blue not bud, i'm canadian! but seriously, i was referencing to the misnomer that america was "discovered" in 1492, actually people had "known" about it for thousands of years, some of them even lived there! or so the story goes
I wasn't associating YOU with the United States. I was speaking for the United States as a whole, hence "we". Since I'm not a beer drinker, I judge the quality of beer by the quality of its commercials. Labatt Blue wins hands down. I want a giant pez dispenser that puts out beer!

yeah, those were the good old days when class warfare was class mother****in warfare. when a knight would be beheaded and roasted on a spit over a fire in front of his family only after his wife is defiled infront of they're children, then they all get skewered too. ahh the good old days, now "class warfare" is anyone trying to raise the question of the effectiveness of the the establishment. umm, excuse me? me and my family are real hungry and.. "CLASS WARFARE! CLASS WARFARE!"

sorry, that was uncalled for

He_Who_Is_Steve said:

Cute idea.

actually, 1 A.D is called 1 A.D because it was the year christ was BORN. A.D means "anno dommini" which means "the year of the lord" if B.C meant that it was before christ, and christ died in 1 A.D, wouldn't that leave a thirty year gap in time? Therefore, Christ died somewhere around A.D 30. And our calculations were wrong, and he was born around 4 B.C.

(edit, nevermind, some other guy beat me to it)

Back