What kind of animal do you want to try?

AKIRA

Tank
Reaction score
I want to try meat from animals that you don't normally think of eating like.

For me I want to try:

deer, moose, horse, dog, cat, rat, owl, peacock, bear, squirrel, flamingo, sloth, snake, monkey...all i can think of now at the top of my head.

I know saying dog and cat will spark some anger in here...but for the record im a huge dog/cat lover but i want to try them purely for the curiosity...i would feel very sad and pathetic after eating it though..and even worse if it tasted bad.

I've technically had deer jerky, and it was SO FKN GOOD oh god.

I want to try Rabbit.

I though this thread was gonna be about which animal we would ****.....I think there's something wrong with me.

When I was young, I went to a restaurant that served alligator and swordfish, and I had both.

I don't remember what they tasted like.

Those are the most exotic meats I've eaten.

I can't hunt, nor do I want to learn and I have no idea how to acquire half those animals ready to eat.

Deer...any local hunters can sell you that

Moose...you're in god damn canada, it's like your national mascot, just wait for the hunting season

horse...easily available at your local butcher, i've eaten it many times. It's actually not that special at all, tough meat.

Dog...check your local back alley

Cat...same as above

Rat...just put on of them mouse traps or sticky paper at some abandoned place near trash bins, secluded sewers holes,...

Owl...get yourself a pellet gun and some fresh meat and head to the woods.

Peacock...check your local zoo

Bear...hop over the border, i'm sure there are many hunters willing to procure you some bear meat.

Squirrel...pellet gun, fresh peanuts, park

Sloth...check zoo

Snake...just wait till summer, find grass fields, bring fresh dead mice

Monkey...african black market

If you're not willing to put some effort to get the meat or kill them yourself, then stfu, spoiled brat.
And i don't mean that as an offence, but more as a constructive critique.

oh and btw...i've eaten deer, horse, duck and it's possible that even cats (i'm looking at you local alley chinese restaurant!) oh and rabbit too.

I want to try Rabbit.
I had rabbit, it's very nice.

I still haven't eaten kangaroo. The major supermarkets here do sell mince kangaroo, kangaroo burgers and sausages.
Kangaroo_meat_supermarket.JPG

Also want to try crocodile.

I though this thread was gonna be about which animal we would ****.....I think there's something wrong with me.
Don't be ashamed. I personally thought it could go either way, knowing these forums. I'm glad its not though; that'd be like choosing between a rock and a hard place (multiplied by however many different kinds of animals there are).

Kangaroooooooo

Danimal said its chewy and Juicy. And i believe him.

I don't know how you could have never, ever had venison before. It might not be life changing or anything like that, but you're definitely missing out.

This was also my first impression of the thread based on the title.

Honestly, I've had a craving for some human for a long time. Probably just horny enough to bite. Other than humans, I'm a vegetarian.

I have no desire to try new animals. I'm a happenstance vegetarian as it is, only eating meat when it's presented to me, ready to be consumed.

Also, what Virus said.

Snake
Frog Legs
Snails

Ate squirrel once, terribly tough meat.

Eaten Snails, Kangaroo, Alligator, Swordfish, Octopus, and Duck.

However, Emu meat is the goddamn best. I wish I could buy it in stores here in Canada.

Jesus Christ man, make the title a little more understandable. I honestly thought this was some sort of bestiality thread.

Shark is a difficult material to eat. Mainly because they piss urea, and if you don't prepare it right, all it is going to taste like is ammonia and ammonia-coated whatever its been eating.

I don't really have a desire to eat non-traditional animals...but **** it, I choose Pandas.

They just sit there and refuse to procreate anyway, waste of space.

Caribou and flying fish sushi. Friend of mine always wanted to eat a pug, I'm not sure if he succeeded.

I'd like to try a Buffalo Burger. Even though they are pretty common I've never had one and I heard they are very lean and tasty.

Friend of mine always wanted to eat a pug, I'm not sure if he succeeded.

why would someone "want" to eat a pug, as if they're salivating at the very thought of a puggle sandwich with mayo, french fries and a nice fresh pickle.

****, i want a pug

Next time you guys go to a restaurant, ask for Rocky Mountain Oysters, also known as Swinging Beef.

I don't really have a desire to eat non-traditional animals...but **** it, I choose Pandas.

They just sit there and refuse to procreate anyway, waste of space.

lol they put you to death in china for that.

Honestly I first thought this thread was about "What kind of animal do you want to try... to own as a pet."

Some of the things listed here aren't all that uncommon but you do have to go to the right place. Like a lot of people mentioned, deer is pretty common if you find someone who hunts. I've had deer sausage before. It's pretty good, kinda spicy (although that's probably the spices, not the actual meat). Less fatty than normal sausage.

For shark, just go to an upper-scale Chinese restaurant and you can get shark fin soup. The only times I've had it, it just tasted like normal seafood soup, but kinda thick and gel-like. Pretty unspectacular, and not really worth it. I prefer not to eat it as I've heard they take the fin off and leave the rest of the shark to die in the ocean.

For buffalo, go to Wyoming or Idaho, or even Texas. I didn't try buffalo burgers when I was in Wyoming, but once we had a "local food" event at my university dorm cafeteria in Austin where they served buffalo meat (yeah, I have no idea how buffalo was somehow considered a local Austin food). It tasted like beef. I think it's supposed to be leaner, but there is virtually no difference.

Dave Attell said:
People always come up to me after a show and ask stuff like, (whispering - exasperated) "Hey, bro! You wanna smoke some pot?". I mean, I know it's illegal, but it's not that ****ing illegal. If you're gonna say it like that, make it something a little more illegal, like "Hey, bro! You wanna eat a bald eagle? C'mon, there's only like eight of them left!". Tastes just like freedom!

wish I could find the video clip of that.

Dave Attell said:
It's all about diet. You got to eat right. What's the best thing to eat? Chicken and fish. I'm thinking, why not combine the two: penguin. A penguin's a little bit of both, isn't he? He's a bird, yet he swims, he's a buffet of good health.

I'd like to try a Buffalo Burger. Even though they are pretty common I've never had one and I heard they are very lean and tasty.

It was pretty dry when I had one.

Back