What level are you most looking forward to and level your NOT that crazy about??

maximus0402

Reaction score
Obviously we have been shown only bits and pieces, but based on the themes and looks of the binks, which level(s) are you most looking forward to and which level(s) are you NOT looking forward to?? doesnt have to be a specific level, but maybe the driving portions of the game or something.

-Overall I can't wait to get in that big Citadel building and get to the top floor or whatever (who knows whats going to happen in there but the curiosity alone makes me excited)

- Based on the binks I am not sure If I am going to care too much for that graveyard level, it seems sort of odd and out of place for this game, but I am sure there is a very good reason for it and I hope I am wrong.

Whats everyone elses thoughts?

I'm looking forward to most of the levels. I tend to enjoy indoor levels over outdoor. Most of HL1 was set in door.

im looking forward to seeing some scientist going bad with guns and shooting striders down

Some_God said:
The apartments and the train station. :O

I have to say that those parts are also pretty exciting, especially since it does not seem like an all out action, but the atmosphere of what is going on in those videos is pretty tense and exciting.

Any levels/areas you didn't like??

the beach levels i will enjoy a lot i think, especially the levels where there are little rundown houses to explore and other run down things. im a sucker for the beach though and some of the hl2 cliffsides or coastlines remind me of parts of the california coastline ive visited.

maximus0402 said:
Based on the binks I am not sure If I am going to care too much for that graveyard level

Actually I'm looking forward to this one. In the binks Father Gregoria (sp?) says somrthing along the lines that Gordon "managed to avoid all his traps". Sound interesting to me what they are and the puzzles involved in uncovering and avoiding them.

poseyjmac said:
the beach levels i will enjoy a lot i think, especially the levels where there are little rundown houses to explore and other run down things. im a sucker for the beach though and some of the hl2 cliffsides or coastlines remind me of parts of the california coastline ive visited.

I am going to guess that you liked farcry then?? I did and beaches are everywhere there too.

I think im gonna like all of them but im gonna be looking forward to the training level. Gotta love learning to play the game with the hologram girl. :p

incorrigible said:
Actually I'm looking forward to this one. In the binks Father Gregoria (sp?) says somrthing along the lines that Gordon "managed to avoid all his traps". Sound interesting to me what they are and the puzzles involved in uncovering and avoiding them.

Well like I said, I don't know how Father Gregory (sp?) plays into this whole HL2 plot so right now it doesnt make any sense and has a Halloween sort of theme to HL2 which seems odd, but hey this may be one of my favorite levels when it comes to playing the game so who knows.

I am looking forward to the secret level where Alyx and Gordon... Ehrm, kill some aliens together... Yes that's it...

Killing2Live said:
I think im gonna like all of them but im gonna be looking forward to the training level. Gotta love learning to play the game with the hologram girl. :p

Training is always interesting. I am sure a new section with this training is going to be with that gravity gun.

I wonder where training will take place?? Black mesa was obvious for that game, but where will this one train I wonder??

dawdler said:
I am looking forward to the secret level where Alyx and Gordon... Ehrm, kill some aliens together... Yes that's it...

Ok first the hologram chick remark by someone and now this. Ok as a side question for you computer generated lady lovers:

What game had the best computer chick in it?? Enemy or not...

For me it has be those SS chicks from return to castle wolfenstein.

The train station. Well obviously its the first level so it'd mean i've got the game but also because its the beginning of the mystery. Walking around weaponless without a clue whats going on is interesting and you're constantly wondering what the hell is going to happen. Suspense is what makes games like this.

im looking forward to the introduction (trainstation) i bet there will be a great introductory level :)
im also actually looking forward the dark and spooky docks with the headcrabs and zombies :D:D

Rog said:
The train station. Well obviously its the first level so it'd mean i've got the game but also because its the beginning of the mystery. Walking around weaponless without a clue whats going on is interesting and you're constantly wondering what the hell is going to happen. Suspense is what makes games like this.

I know the first level will be great, but I hope they can put a ending on this game that will also knock our socks off. It was lacking in HL 1, but I hope they can pull it off in this one. I know the ending is going to be a cliffhanger and I did like that one about the first game, but endings are tough to do because you may never be satisfied because the game is over and you did not want it to end, but I hope it is a very exciting ending too.

maximus0402 said:
Ok first the hologram chick remark by someone and now this. Ok as a side question for you computer generated lady lovers:

What game had the best computer chick in it?? Enemy or not...

For me it has be those SS chicks from return to castle wolfenstein.
I think I just heard a "DOH!" that would shake the walls of Jericho.

The original HL blackops babe of course!!!!!!!!!!!

Edit: Or where you using the nude skin? If so I can relate...

dawdler said:
I think I just heard a "DOH!" that would shake the walls of Jericho.

The original HL blackops babe of course!!!!!!!!!!!

Edit: Or where you using the nude skin? If so I can relate...

LOL, no I was not aware of a nude skin for that :)

They just had great clevage or a least one of their kind did. Now where is this nude patch??

maximus0402 said:
I am going to guess that you liked farcry then?? I did and beaches are everywhere there too.

well actually, it wasn't all that and a bag of chips. a bit too tropical for me, water too blue. and it runs shitty on my 9700pro. hl2's coast is more like a californian coast, which is why im partial to it.

Tough question.... I'm looking forward to the entire damn' game myself ^^.

Although I really look forward to the first few levels when Gordon is weaponless. I really want to know what happens when Gordon is shoved in the chair in the questioning/torture(?) room. How does he get out of that?
Driving looks great too can't wait to run over combine, as well as the Trap Town/Ravenholm levels. It'll be good to see what Vavle have in store for us for the manipulator.

The apartment levels look awesome. The atmosphere of those levels seems very intense.

I'm most looking forward to the levels I *haven't* yet seen.

I'm really looking forward to play the coastline level(s), It has some sort of Mad Max style wasteland feeling over it. It will be fun to do som ''work of salvation'' in ravenholm, and the inner city fights looks so sweet! But the begining looks very atmospheric according to the videos and uhm... I dunno! The whole game looks awesome and i can't wait to play it!

maximus ravenholm will be cool thats where u get the zero-point gun+barrels+zombies ;)

I'm looking forward to Ravenholm. I just loooove that manipulator gun ;)

I am looking forward to ALL the city levels (barricade etc) with striders and stuff that is HL2's trademark!:D It looks like Ravenholm will own alot too!:)
A level tha i do not look forward too is any level were you go around in complete darkness shooting bad-ass aliens (OPForce anyone?). I hated that level in OPForce! :p

I"m more interested in finding out how all the diverse environments fit together and make on e cohesive game.

I wanna play the Jail level. After that, the tunnels, then the apartments, then the train station.

DC9884 said:
I"m more interested in finding out how all the diverse environments fit together and make on e cohesive game.

Ditto. I'd just like to see some context inbedded in each scene, like how Gordon ends up in an overrun prison or why he goes to Ravenholm.

i thik i'd enjoy riding around in a buggy, not to mention some other vehicles, like a tank and stuff.. be funny to go full speed toward Barney again and again LOL

I cant wait to play the prison levels, the amount of detail is great.And we will have the bugs on hour side, shown in the bugbait video. The closest thing to heaven.

Driving the buggy doesn't look very fun or exciting. I hate driving with a keypad, it's just annoying.

I think looking around the apartments and trainstation would be fun, but it looks like running through the streets while the Citadel eats through the city would be the fun part (...hopefully it's not timed in an agressive manner (or at all). I want to wander the streets...which you can hopefully do a bit of (like looking where that strider came from in the first E3 videos, or if you can go in any of the buildings.

Definately looking forward to the graveyard section... Seems pretty intense.
And what I don't look forward to... I really can't think of anything. :)

I want to see where Gordon gets armed with the HEV suit and gets some weaponry.

hmmm ... i wanna the see ravenholm and graveyard ... they both look intense ... oh yeah and the apartments cause i wanna eavesdrop on people bitching about getting pwned by the combine ... w00t :) :sniper: :sniper: :sniper:

Im looking most towards the area's where we can just explore the city "for hours"... and the outdoor fighting.
I'm not looking forward to the Father Gregory parts... they look scary... :(

The first one, and the second one.

(almost worst thread ever)

[edit] and the 5th and 14th ones too.

Back