What maps would you like to see from TFC?

Fat Tony!

Reaction score
It's obvious that there will be the classics: 2fort, dustbowl and well. But what others would you like to see?

I personally would love to see hunted, I love it since it's a great tactical map.
There is also warpath, it's an awesome map, great to just fly through with a scout or sneak through with a spy.

I hope there's plethora of new maps. But I would really like to see new versions of 2fort, hunted, epicenter, rock2, and well.

Im really open for any new maps but tf2 wouldnt truly be tf without remakes of 2fort , well , and rock2 with its gas chambers imo.

2fort will definately show up, it's not even a question. Well will likely make it in there as well, being one of the old TF and TFC favorites.

I hope there's a hunted as well; it was always a nice break from the flag capture maps. Thinking about how it could look in Source, what they could do with that gametype now...

They should definately make a Cz3. Cz2 was one of my all time favorite maps.

What I think would be great is that instead of just doing remakes of old maps and coming up with new maps (which they will, and should, definately do), it'd be cool to see them look at other popular maps from the community and remake some of those, the real outstanding ones. Maps like Bam, or Cydonia, or Darkness 2...

The great thing about TFC was that the objective system was completely open for the mapper. I played around with it as a mapper and came up with some ways to put in a resource system and a commander class just using game entities. I hope that they make TF2 completely open ended in terms of map making. I want to see the possibility to make it into a game of tag, or something like border patrol. Oh yeah, remake border patrol. I used to play that in the original Quake verison of TF.

Dustbowl and Badlands were always my favourites, hope they get in.

Not so much a map as a game mode, I hope they keep VIP, not particularly competitive maps but they can be exceedingly fun.

Rock2, rock2, rock2, rock2, rock2, rock2, rock2. Rock2, rock2, rock2, rock2.

Did I mention that I hope that there's a version of rock2?

DEFINATELY rock2, and id also like to see 2fort, dustbowl, and HUNTED!! w00t!

openfire_l, 2mesa3, darkness

i doubt VALVe would make these maps though since they were community made. But these are some of the best maps to play in matches and gathers!

I wanna see well. It'll also be interesting to see fun type maps, such as survival/dark maps and such. That was always awesome.

Official: Badlands, Epicenter, Well, 2fort, Crossover, Rock2 and Cz2.
League Maps/Custom: Monkey, Shutdown, Openfire

I wouldn't mind seeing some Maps from QW-TF as well.
Like 2mach, or even ... borders :D.

Dustbowl would probably look absolutely stunning.

To be honest, I was less of a fan of the flag-progression maps than the other types, so I'd much rather see any of the other types of maps make it into the new game. I do hope though that they don't dwell too heavily on nostalgia maps and that we get lots of new designs too :)

2fort, ill be pissed if thats not in there....

To be honest, I was less of a fan of the flag-progression maps than the other types, so I'd much rather see any of the other types of maps make it into the new game. I do hope though that they don't dwell too heavily on nostalgia maps and that we get lots of new designs too :)

it's more likely we get a handful of remakes with initial release, and they'll introduce new ones every few months, like Day of Defeat: Source.

Yeah probably. In the end external mappers can make the maps in their own time anyway

Well since I can tell the trailer is in 2fort, I guess I can post in here now, as my initial concern was that even though they got rid of the serious parts of TF2, it might still not be like TFC.

I guess each source MP game has come initially with what...2-5 maps? So I'd say 2fort(Obviously) and Well as the classic CTF maps. Dustbowl for an Attack/Defend map possibly. Maybe a new map. I'd say 4 is a good estimate for the number of launch maps, though the only ones I'm almost completely sure are going to be in are 2fort and Well.

Oh, and avanti too.

Damn, every TFC map brings back so much memories.

what was the one where you either protected or tried to kill the vip....that one was great.....

Tyguy, that one is called hunted. Great map :D.

edits-

Actually now that I look at it, it must be 2 fort. Although I don't see any water and it sure looks quite small. Interesting new look

Tyguy, that one is called hunted. Great map :D.

edits-

Actually now that I look at it, it must be 2 fort. Although I don't see any water and it sure looks quite small. Interesting new look

You can see the water in the sniper part of the video. It's greenish.

Back