What Should I Do?

Capthemfoos

Reaction score
Hey guys, whats up. I'm new here.

Anyways, I got the Orange box for 360 when it came out and then I played through half life 2 and episode 1. Then, I don't know what happened and I never got around to playing episode 2 until now, 3 years later, lol. I played through and I was amazed by the story but also with the relationship that Gordon Freeman and Alyx develop emotionally and possibly romantically as well although this is not ever confirmed. Alyx definitely belongs with you most of the time, I think. Unfortunately I was carrying that dumb gnomie around and I really missed out on some of the development.

I want to know, should I play through HF2 and Ep1 and then Ep2 again, or should I just play through Ep1 and Ep 2 or Ep 2 only? I want to get to really experience the game again, but I don't want to beat around the bush, especially in that drudge of a canal system in HF2. More importantly, I want to go through most of the action w/ Alyx because she makes it real and a better game.

footnote: sometimes I just get randomly booted into the air and fall outside of the map or hit the ground and die. WTF, what is this problem and how do I fix it?

Just start with the Half-Life game you recall the smallest about, imo. If you remember HL2 in it's entirety (or mostly), then just start with Ep1 etc.

In terms of your bug idk, I don't own a console.

footnote: sometimes I just get randomly booted into the air and fall outside of the map or hit the ground and die. WTF, what is this problem and how do I fix it?

i've had the same problem a few times not sure if they came out with any updates but i kinda just got used to it

If you really want the relationship between alyx and gordon, Id take it from the top and play through half life 2 and then the episodes.

On a completely unrelated note, why do people not like route canal? Honestly whats so bad about it? Its not the best part of the game, and frankly its probably the worst, but its the worst part of the best game ever made, so its still amazing.
/Rant

Another unrelated note: this is my 69th post. Hurray

You mean a strider kick? Gosh, those were fun times. :p

On a completely unrelated note, why do people not like route canal? Honestly whats so bad about it? Its not the best part of the game, and frankly its probably the worst, but its the worst part of the best game ever made, so its still amazing.
/Rant

One of the most frustrating and enjoyable parts, I might say. Just you and that airboat.. and a load of Combine after you down a an ocupied city canal... yeah.

Route Kanal is one of my favorite parts of the game. Love the atmosphere in the chapters that take place in and just outside the city.

/Rant

I found it frustrating the first time just because there's a lot of OH SHIT THAT GUY TOTALLY WAS NOT THERE BEFORE *BLAM BLAM BLAM*, which tends to set the nerves on edge, although I can't fault it too much since that's all part of the atmosphere. Also, manhacks; HELL IS THAT NOISE.

It was frustrating on all subsequent playthroughs because I kept wishing for my trusty shot- and gravity guns.

Back