What should I do ?

skater4evr5

Reaction score
I have a decent computer that i biult 3 years ago. I have recently upgraded my graphics card and my cpu fan.

These are my specs: asus k7s8x mother board
ATI Radeon 9600 pro 256mb
1.47 Ghz athlon xp 333fsb CPU
512 Mb DDR RAM
240 GB Hardrive
350 Watts power supply

I was just wondering what should upgrade before the HL2 release?

If upgrading my CPU is needed. Then is this a good price for a Athlon CPU ?

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=19-103-341&depa=0

By the way here are some pics I just took of my computer!

come on now.... you know the whole point of this post was to show off your "totally 1337 and fuxx0r" case, hidden behind a fake "will my computer run HL2?" question...

come on, own up!

(on a side note, 512 more ram couldnt hurt, your computer is identical to mine, exept i have 1 gig instead of 512 meg)

I say upgrade your CPU, try get a P4, it is more reliable. The rest is really good.

PS. Nice case :D

Shut up shut up shut up! I don't want to here about your goddamn graphics card! Please, pay respect to those of us who still have GeForce 4 MX 440!

.5c0ut-WHoR3. said:
""GeForce 4 MX 440!""

WTF

*looks at his Geforce 2 pro 64meg*
MX 440 is the same goddamn card, only costs more and has a shinier package.

AJ Rimmer said:
MX 440 is the same goddamn card, only costs more and has a shinier package.

It is? i thought it was a bit better because it was a 4 not a 2

.5c0ut-WHoR3. said:
It is? i thought it was a bit better because it was a 4 not a 2
Well it is a bit better, its a beefed up GeForce 3, but its the same memory on it, 64meg

Holy Crap! Your computer is very similar to mine. Even the cases are almost the same, except i have a square window, and a half life 2 logo on the other side :D.

"I say upgrade your CPU, try get a P4, it is more reliable. " actually i've been running amd chips ever since i upgraded from my 486 and they have been perfectly reliable. also his motherboard doesn't support p4's so he'd have to upgrade that too. all in all, bad advice.

get the 2700, and $99 seems good to me, i paid £70 (~$140) for mine (400mhz) a few months ago

the rest of your system looks fine :)

No, I think you should get this processor if you are going to upgrade. The Barton core is better than the Thoroughbred since it has a larger L2 cache. It is also $10 cheaper. Even the XP 2500 + would still give you great performance for a great price.

Back