what the hell happened to blue shift?

koncept

Reaction score
i don't see it on steam anywhere, it's not even listed in the "browse games" tab.

did they like, ditch blue shift or somethin?

was barney's own perspective of the black mesa incident not good enough for you valve? HUH!? j/k..

no, but seriously... wtF???

Wow...I never noticed it, I wonder if there is too many games in the list, and they just took it out...

They said they will look into adding it later.

I don't think Blue Shift has ever been available over Steam.

Eh, Blue Shift wasn't even all that great. It was only good for the graphics update...

I never played Blue Shift...always wanted to though. And I don't care if it sucked. :)

I played Opposing Force. Short but sweet I think.

opposing force was awsome, man i'm gonna be pissed if they don't do another one, cept this time it should be u.s. army special forces in city 17 doing unconventional warfare.

uhh i think the US army would be long gone in the events in hl2 from the sounds of it... all governments for that matter

There is possibly some legal issue that prevents Valve from distributing it themselves, such as the developer not consenting to Valve distributing it. I really hope it does make it's way onto steam one day, and I further hope we'll see a source port. It may be short, but it's part of the Half-Life story, and enjoyable in it's own right. It'd be a shame for it to just vanish.

Yeah from what I heard Blue Shift was kind of a dissapointment so I never really bothered getting it.

Meh. Op Force and Blue Shift were both short and without any of the grandure of HL2. I was dissapointed with both.

Eh, I liked OpFor, I thought it was pretty good :O

Neither dissapointed me.. they were never meant to match Half-Life, but rather to offer alternative experiences of some of the same events, and basically give us a little more of the Half-Life universe. They did just that, and I enjoyed both of them.

i like opposing force more than original half life, just cause you play a soldier, and not a nerdy scientist........

... sorry to diss you gordon.. maybe you'll have "game" in half life 2

i'm expecting flame in about, 5, 4, 3, 2, ........

I'm not saying they were bad,. I did play through both of them,. I guess I was just hoping for another HL experience. :-/

i beat blue shift in 2 hours.

hardest part was finding out to shoot that little wooden thing out form that spool to make it roll away from the door

f|uke said:
I'm not saying they were bad,. I did play through both of them,. I guess I was just hoping for another HL experience. :-/
.. and it's just around the corner!

*shakes like a crack addict*

Gunman

I wish they would put Gunman Chron. on steam. Guman was like a something like cstrike a fan mod that valve took in, but valve got Gunman before it was ever released as a free mod.

aeroripper said:
uhh i think the US army would be long gone in the events in hl2 from the sounds of it... all governments for that matter

Indeed

Blue Shift don't work with steam...

Blue Shift wasn't dissapointing really for what it was. Initially, some of you may recall, it was just an added bonus for HL what it was being ported to the DreamCast, when Valve saw that the mighty console was going to die, they stopped making HL for DC. I managed to get my copy of the DC version but it's a bit buggy. Anyway my point is that Blueshift was never meant to be more than 7-8 hours long, it wasn't meant to be like Opposing Force.

Back