What the hell is up with Steam?

Tollbooth Willie

The Freeman
Reaction score
Since I got up today Steam has been acting like a pile of shit. I have no connection to the Steam servers, yet everyone else is online, in chatrooms, everything. Community browser even works, but I can't interact with people or enter chats. Figured uninstalling might fix it. Now I can't even log in at all. Anyone else having this problem, or what?

There is no way I am posting this on the SPUF forums either.

Isn't there a Steam section of our forums though?

Nothing wrong with it for me, wait for another day or so, see if it fixes itself, then try to re-install if you have to.

My friends list is down but that's it.

Probably just maintenance.

[YorickEdit] Come on now, Lucid. [/Yorick]

edit: nah it's working now

My Steam is working fine... though bizarrely, after I logged, I found a 50% coupon for Assassins Creed Revelations in my inventory.... is that something everyone got?!?

My friends list is down but that's it.

Probably just maintenance.

dumb faggot
Your gay. It's just weird though. At one point it asked me to input a code because I was "logging in from another computer". Kind of scared me thinking something was wrong.

Just typical Steam silliness, time to switch to Origin.

right guys?

Holy crap.... I now have 3 coupons! I seem to get another one every time I restart Steam...

I've just been getting disconnects. I also recieved two coupons for 50% off assassin's creed revelations randomly today when I got up.

The Christmas coupons? They should have expired by now.

They don't expire until the 1st of April.

dark times

@willie your current Steam alias made me do a near spit-take. I sometimes forget that you're like the Internet incarnate.

The Christmas coupons? They should have expired by now.

Nope, the Christmas ones I had all vanished when they expired. These are new. However, I have discovered they are glitched. Some people have multiples of them showing up. It appears the first one you get is legit, but there is supposed to be an error when people try to redeem them. There are also rumours hitting the Steam forums now that if you trade, or attempt to use the duplicates you risk losing your account. (How can they be used if there is an error preventing them being used?!)

Wasn't intending on getting AC:R anyway, so not fussed. Will leave them there til Steam work out whats went wrong...

I keep disconnecting from chat which is pretty annoying ~

Your gay. It's just weird though. At one point it asked me to input a code because I was "logging in from another computer". Kind of scared me thinking something was wrong.

Got this, also got 50% off AC:R and 66% off a Might and Magic game. Anyone want 'em?

Is that Assassin's Creed: Revelations?

Cuz I'll take one.

Sure thing. If you haven't already got one elsewhere let me know. You can have the first one I got, I'll leave the other 3 dupes for Steam to clean up at some point.

Sure thing. If you haven't already got one elsewhere let me know. You can have the first one I got, I'll leave the other 3 dupes for Steam to clean up at some point.
How do I go about getting one? Do we have to do a trade in steam or something? I only did that once because someone wanted me to help them get points for potatoes or whatever, so I dont remember how to do it.

How do I go about getting one? Do we have to do a trade in steam or something? I only did that once because someone wanted me to help them get points for potatoes or whatever, so I dont remember how to do it.

As far as I know, yeah... add me in steam and i'll set up a 'trade' and you can have the coupon.

I think I got the coupon because I bought a previous AC game through steam.

Back