What weapon do you miss the most

Jesus Lincoln

Reaction score
Out of all the beta guns, and screenshots and etc etc..If you could choose one, which gun would you have make the cut?

I say the big ass sniper rifle, you loaded it bullet by bullet and it was a 1 hit kill for all

the incendiary rifle! i know the model was included as the overwatch standard rifle, but i really wanted to light people on fire from a distance, like in the e3 tunnels movie.

I miss the SAW from HL1, they should have put some sort or light machine gun in for those of us with spraying bullets obsessions. Not a big downer at all though, just a thought.

cjborton said:
I miss the SAW from HL1, they should have put some sort or light machine gun in for those of us with spraying bullets obsessions. Not a big downer at all though, just a thought.

Yeah me too! The Overwatch rifle ran out of ammo way too fast(you can only hold 90 bullets? :flame: ) and missed the awesome sound.

Which one was the SAW? I miss the little alien dudes that you could throw at things, those were awesome.

Amorphous said:
Which one was the SAW? I miss the little alien dudes that you could throw at things, those were awesome.

The SAW was the machine gun in Opposing force, the one that used belt fed chains of bullets (if that helps you remember)

Rocketman9mm said:
I miss the snarks the most.

Snarks were the best...I mean they were so cute when they tried to bite your finger off.

I hated snarks for some reason. And thanks Bliink on the correction, the M249 (SAW) was in OpFor, not HL.

cjborton said:

yes, the i trully miss teh m-249 SAW and also that one that never made in to the game, the M-29, i think it was replaced by the Overwatch Standard Issue...............

bliink said:
The SAW was the machine gun in Opposing force, the one that used belt fed chains of bullets (if that helps you remember)
I liked that gun too, thought IIRC it kept running out of ammo too quickly and/or the worst possible moments, or maybe just the way I used it heh.

Not really any particular weapons I miss, but I would like to see some more outlandish weapons like in the first HL/Opp Force. There just aren't that many Alien weapons... in fact... there are non except for the Overwatch.

Hornet gun would have been great. The handheld gauss from the beta didnt make it in either. I would have liked to have seen some more alien style weapons though.

gauss

the only gun that makes HL different from the others mp wise

Wel, I kinda have the idea that HL2 has less weapons than HL1, don't know why.
1Crowbar
2Manipulator
3Pistol
4Revolver
5Machine gun
6Overwatch rifle(I hate that weapon, yet I have to use it)
7Granade
8RPG
9Pheromones
10What do I miss?

Forau said:
Wel, I kinda have the idea that HL2 has less weapons than HL1, don't know why.
1Crowbar
2Manipulator
3Pistol
4Revolver
5Machine gun
6Overwatch rifle(I hate that weapon, yet I have to use it)
7Granade
8RPG
9Pheromones
10What do I miss?

shotgun.

In response to the main point, I think the gravity gun easily makes up for any weapons they left out, it is soooo good!

11Barrel
12Crate
13Sawblade
14Radiator
15Can of paint
etc etc

Pi Mu Rho said:
11Barrel
12Crate
13Sawblade
14Radiator
15Can of paint
etc etc
good point, i agree with the first post about the sniper rifle, as I love sniper rifles, but it really wouldn't add to the game and would have made it too easy, really, the crossbow ends up being perfect, i guess, and since the bolts are physically simulated it's pretty cool

more guns would have been amazing :D i miss the incedary thingy as well, setting people alight woulda been amazing. there should be a saw blade type gun like in ut2003 ( I KNOW YOU CAN PICK UP SAW BLADES!!! :p) a m4a1 looking rifle would ahve been cool, and definetely some slightly halo stile alien rifles (how bout that spinning charge up gun from hl1?)

Back