Whats the best mouse sensitivity setting for playing?

depends on your mouse init. i have a really sensitive mouse, so i keep my sensitivity setting low

My mouse isnt that sensitive, its the Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer v3 - so i keep the setting at 7.0, i hate having to pick it up, and I like to be able to look quickly behind myself if someone comes from behind. Make sure you have a good mousemat too, such as a specific gaming one :)

I have it extremely low, I like to be fast paced and slow, so I have fun picking up the mouse and moving about more.

well it all depends on how you like playing css isn't it. Can only advice that you play with a low sensitivity as that will improve your aiming skill. how low ... thats up to you.

Stand up from your computer chair, put your arm out, face North, now face South, now swing around to South as fast as you can, was the first time you faced South in a slower much natural fashion more natural, and did you end up slightly missing South on your fast spin?

This isn't an analogy that suggests that when you have a 9.0 sensitivity and you know someone is behind you, that you go 270 degrees instead because you cannot configure with such fast speeds -- the analogy actually best demonstrates spacial awareness, the lower the sensitivity, the slower the time it takes to move that arm, but with measured authority, you'd aim better because in space, you have more control over where your hand is, and the comparison between the mouse and the crosshair movement is substantially left.

all in all you should be aiming from 1.2 to 3.5
different pro-gamers have different sensitivities, none is better
some people from SK have 3.5
some people from SK have 2
9.0 sensitivity people should load up their cs and try your AK47 on 1.4

lower sensitivities you get used to more easily, say if you change from 4 to 2, it's faster to colaborate than if you were from 4 to 6.. human nature? damn right.. spacial awareness lessons 101

one should always aim to measure their sensitivies, before they decide to stick with one between the ranges 1.2 to 3.5, make sure that you turn 180 degrees upon the mouse reaching the side of the mousepad from the inner center, this will optimize your in games ability to roam around with your mouse, as if the mouse was akin to the tool you roam around in the real world.

#edit: slightly incoherent^ *drunk*

I dont have a giant mouse mat and I dont like taking an hour to turn around.
Sensitivity = 21

was wondering...
do you guys keep your whole palm on top of the mouse?
i keep my palm on the table and use my fingertips to move the mouse and click buttons.

low sensitivity makes aiming easier for long range.
btw glo yeah i only use my fingers. makes tapping the mouse for single shots with the ak easier too.

I use 0.9.

I snipe alot, and from long distance, being able to aim very accurately and precisely is needed.

Back