Whats wrong with the Vortigaunts?!!

411vm

Reaction score
I just installed Gmod and i spawned some vortigaunts to mess around with the inflator tool, then i noticed something wierd?!! the vortigaunts was all mumbling wierd phrases?!!! they usualy say something around the lines "this is more than anyone can bare" but when i walked up to them en pressed "E" they talk, like real crazy things!!.. is this some new thing valve has added???

Try spawn a vortigaunt in gmod and press "E" maybe im wrong?

No this is not something new. All vortigaunts spawned in-game in HL2 will have default Vortigaunt behaviour, which is to spout interesting pieces of dialoge when no enemy is around.

Nothing out the ordinary, they do go on and on...

hmm?:/ maybe. but im 100% sure they where saying NEW things!. they where talking about that "they trust in my white face" or somthing-somthing, and that they can "see me clear in the nhilants cave"??? ive never heard that before.!!! try spawning one in Gmod and walk up to it and press "E"

hmm?:/ maybe. but im 100% sure they where saying NEW things!. they where talking about that "they trust in my white face" or somthing-somthing, and that they can "see me clear in the nhilants cave"??? ive never heard that before.!!! try spawning one in Gmod and walk up to it and press "E"
No need. Those phrases are OLD.

Definitely nothing new there.

This is more than anyone can bare. But we will perservere.

Haha, said in the Episode Two trailer. I love the vortiguants!

thne when was it "discovered"?:p
WTF. I discovered it when I played the fu*king game. So did most others. It's such a non-event that it doesn't NEED a "discovery date". It was never "covered". That's as stupid as asking "when was the Combine discovered be trying to kill you?". You go up to a vortigaunt, press "e", and they say stuff. It's not new, not hidden, and almost everyone that has played HL2 has gone up to one and done that repeatedly to see how many phrases they say.

WTF. I discovered it when I played the fu*king game. So did most others. It's such a non-event that it doesn't NEED a "discovery date". It was never "covered". That's as stupid as asking "when was the Combine discovered be trying to kill you?". You go up to a vortigaunt, press "e", and they say stuff. It's not new, not hidden, and almost everyone that has played HL2 has gone up to one and done that repeatedly to see how many phrases they say.

Ive went up to a vortiguant and pressed 'e' and it ignored me. In Garry's Mod, that is different.

It also depends on where you are in the game.

Most events in HL2 were scripted so you don't feel like you have all the time in the world to carry on a coversation with every passing vortigaunt.

It's not meant to be obvious, and was designed to help make those momentary encounters seem more random for each player, with the added bonus of giving the player more information about HL2 and the Black Mesa incident from the vorts point of view.

Ive went up to a vortiguant and pressed 'e' and it ignored me. In Garry's Mod, that is different.
BAAHAHAHAHAhaa - even NPC's in a game ignore you! How badly does that hurt your self-respect?

Back