When IS Lost Coast Going To Be Released?

K

kyle-b

Ive heard alot about lost coast, but nobody seems to know when this "mod" is going to be relased, IS it going to be free? i mean you couldn't possibly pay for an addon that the game developers made themselves? I wanna know what other people know about this topic, feel free to post

-k

It is going to be free for all Half-Life 2 owners.

The releasedate is summer or fall.

The day after yesterday.........
ok that was stupid.
The lost coast levels will be to all HL2 owners, but you will need a top of the line system to run it as it will includee HDR and push textures, bump mapping, and polygon rates to amazing heights.

This isn't strictly the same topic, but it seems silly to open a new thread for it:
How big will the download be?
I really want to play Lost Coast, but I'm stuck in the chasm of 56k modem connection hell.

With the high res textures and stuff i'd say its gna be quite big.

I'm sure it'll be rather large....sry Mr 56K...find someone with high speed and burn it?

so lost coast will push my computer farther than half life 2 did??? i felt lucky just to get that working. this is off subject but will aftermath be free if lost coast is??????

head_crabs said:
so lost coast will push my computer farther than half life 2 did??? i felt lucky just to get that working. this is off subject but will aftermath be free if lost coast is??????

No, Aftermath will not be free.

Shens said:
No, Aftermath will not be free.

I just spent an hour crying because some asked if Enemy Territory: Quake Wars would be free. I think I need another box of tissues.

Releases, in the order I think they'll happen:

Lost Coast (early summer)
DoD:S (mid-summer)
Aftermath (fall)

Since the Lost Coast requires shader model 3.0 for max quality and ATI currently has no cards which support SM 3.0, it probably won't be released until ATI releases their next generation video card (which will have SM 3.0 support). The Lost Coast is likely complete or at least nearly complete, as it was demoed at E3.

AgentJJ said:
Since the Lost Coast requires shader model 3.0 for max quality and ATI currently has no cards which support SM 3.0, it probably won't be released until ATI releases their next generation video card (which will have SM 3.0 support). The Lost Coast is likely complete or at least nearly complete, as it was demoed at E3.
I'm pretty sure they won't wait for them. Besides I doubt if the partnership is still really going on. Also, the Lost Coast levels originally were the ATi levels, so they're have to make some pretty big changes to make non-ATi compatible.
I think.

Im sure lost coast is finished.. they are probably tweaking it and testing it etc.. but it would suck if they are waiting for ati to release thoose cards.

thethingexe said:
Is that possible?

Yes. Just burn the installer on a disk. Assuming it isnt > 750 megs or whatever the cd can hold. Otherwise you would have to go with dvd :x .

I have a Radeon 9600 pro, so I would have to get a new card for this mod. But they will have it playable without all the perty gfx right? I dont feel like upgrading to a pci express mobo and card just yet.

BlackMesaDude said:
Im sure lost coast is finished.. they are probably tweaking it and testing it etc.. but it would suck if they are waiting for ati to release thoose cards.

Well it would not looks good for Valve's relationship with ATI if only Nvidia users could play "The Lost Coast" which is how it would be if it were released now. Blame ATI for screwing up and not including SM3. Everybody who bought an X800/X850 card was robbed and should be given at least a discounted step up to the R520 to compensate.

:p har-de-har.

(I've got a 6800GT)

Seriously, tho, don't worry about it, it won't makle much of a difference if u have nVidia or ATi.

"Calm down dear ... it's a commercial"

how many threads must we have on the lost coast before people decide to use just one thread for all future posts. will the day ever come?!

Kirkburn said:
:p har-de-har.

(I've got a 6800GT)

same, do u have one or two? ive got an sli system so i have two... the graphics are like "OOOOOHHHhhhhhhhhh"

clairelovestlc said:
same, do u have one or two? ive got an sli system so i have two... the graphics are like "OOOOOHHHhhhhhhhhh"
awww, crap ... showoff :p

Krynn72 said:
Yes. Just burn the installer on a disk.

isn't it going to be one of those steam updates except it is optional to download or not... it's not a installer... valve dunt do installers

Back