When Is The Official Announcement Of The 9900 I Mean 9800-XT ?

S

Sir Dingo

Well HalfLife2 and Halo-PC are both due out Sept 30, which is only 3 weeks away

Both games are supposed to rule on R3xxx cards, but if the 9900-Pro, sorry that was the good name, I mean the 9800-XT is going to be on store shelves in only 3 weeks, where is the official word on this baby ?

How can they just announce it, and say, it is shipping in just weeks ? Most video cards form ATI took at least 1 month from the official word, to being in stores. And nVidia takes a whole season for that/

I just watched some of the large screen in game footage of HalfLife2 again, and I am truly awe struck at this game, I mean it's not just killer graphics like Doom]l[, HL2 has awesome physics, smart AI, real world abused look to it, etc.. to make the game wicked as well.

I truly think this game will blow are balls off when we play it. Nothing has been made like this before, this is truly groundbreaking stuff, and I am foaming at the mouth for it

I dunno, and I'm not holding my breath. I'm getting a radeon9800Pro no matter what, and then a Loki later on. The last instance of any product line is usually not a good buy: both expensive and overwrought. I've yet to see anything that suggests that the XT is worth waiting for, and they even decided to name it XT because they couldn't justify giving it a higher # like "9900"

Originally posted by Apos
I dunno, and I'm not holding my breath. I'm getting a radeon9800Pro no matter what, and then a Loki later on. The last instance of any product line is usually not a good buy: both expensive and overwrought. I've yet to see anything that suggests that the XT is worth waiting for, and they even decided to name it XT because they couldn't justify giving it a higher # like "9900"

Yeah, from what I've heard ATI is still deciding on weither to call it "9800-XT" or "9900". But, they say HL2 will be bundled with the card, so I'm guessing they will have to release sometime this September. Anyways, we will see what the best buying decision is, once the benchmark comes out. :cheers:

Well damnit they better hurry up. Im building a new computer for HL2 and because mine is 3 yrs old anyways and I want to put a 9800 Pro in it but im not gonna pay $450+ when a new one will come out right around the corner! Grr they are doing it as a marketing scheme they know others are thinking/want the same! :flame:

Even if they decide on 9900 rather than 9800-xt, the fact that they debated over the difference so long lets you know something...

im not sure what but ill guess im thinking (haha ...?) that it must not be a HUGE jump,

if it were (a huge jump), it would be less likely for them to argue about it.

maybe it will be to 9800 pro what the 5900 was to the 5800, less noisy and faster!. . . minus the noise issue. . .

cout<<"rant done :D "

HL2 will be bundled with the card

Yes! But what version?!?!?!?!!?!?!?

AHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH! I started a panic!!!!!!!

I think... :devil:

Back