When was half life 2 oficially announced?

Vigilante

Reaction score
Hi
I’m in journalism class in school right now and I’m writing a Half-Life 2 review. I need to know when valve actually announced that the game was in development. Thanks

Vigilante said:
hey, I did one WHOLE google search and found nothing.

What does "Whole google search" mean? Did you search for Half-Life 2 +announce and look through all the 500+ hits? Rofl.

it first was semi announced in a games magazine where they showed a poster of a crobwar... don't know when that was though

Da Dude said:
it first was semi announced in a games magazine where they showed a poster of a crobwar... don't know when that was though

The back of Edge magazine, in late March/early April 2003. Wasn't an official announcement though, i think that honour went to some European PC magazine in April 2003.

I believe PC Gamer had the "World Exclusive Amazing OMGWTFLOL Official Unveiling". Take that however you want.

Wow, it's incredible how far down the line it had been announced...How much waiting we all went through, makes me happy it is here.

I believe the game was first alluded to in a cryptic magazine ad, featuring merely the trademark crowbar and a nebulous date...Although the official word came later. ;)

Vigilante said:
hey, I did one WHOLE google search and found nothing.
Damn, you kids are lazy these days. When I was in school, we didn't have the internet. You wanted to know something, you went to the library and looked it up in the card catalog! Then you had to actually read a lot of material before finding something relevant. It's called "research". And, no, "one WHOLE google search" is not the same thing.

Da Dude said:

Exactly

Mountain Man said:
Damn, you kids are lazy these days. When I was in school, we didn't have the internet. You wanted to know something, you went to the library and looked it up in the card catalog! Then you had to actually read a lot of material before finding something relevant. It's called "research". And, no, "one WHOLE google search" is not the same thing.

True, but you can't look up when VALVe officially announced HL2, now can you? :dork:

Da Dude said:
True.
Though it was first in a magazine article featuring the yellow squares of Hammer, plus a pic of an antlion in a jail and Gordon with a shotgun.

For three consecutive posts, there was the word "true" mentioned in it...

Strange...

I remember thinking the antlions looked so cool, and the shotgun looked awesome...I forgot what mag it was in though..I think CGW..

When I was at school google did the majority of my homework. Cut and paste helped too, as did the nifty rightclickawordandpickonethatsoundslikeyouwroteit tool in Word. heh google must have loads of gcse's.

did you also walk 3 miles to school naked in 12 foot snow?

The news about the famous magazine pic that showed a crowbar and it's shadow making a "2" shape is from around 14th of April, 2003.

I have the pic but it's a mag scan, so... no show (?) :)

Back