where can I download the HL1/HL2 in 1hour/hours video(s)?

Lou

Reaction score
I heard it was possible to finished Half Life in 1 hour and Half Life 2 in 2 hours. I find this hard to believe, so I want to see the videos that show this. I am assuming there are such videos, since I have heard several people attesting to these feats. So if you know where I can download such videos, let me know - Thanks!

I know, it's crazy. I've got both videos, and they practically fly through the levels, only killing when it is necessary :O

I watched the HL in 45 minutes video, and I have some questions.

How did the guy go directly from "Office Complex" to "Blast Pit", skipping "We've Got Hostiles" completely? Last time I checked it was impossible to enter the little office with the switch that opens the gate to Blast Pit, through the front door, without first going through "We've Got Hostiles".

And something else, did the guy finish the game without getting killed at least once? If the guy did it in real time, then he is truly a genius.

I could've sworn he goes through "we've got hostiles" briefly.

Lou said:
And something else, did the guy finish the game without getting killed at least once? If the guy did it in real time, then he is truly a genius.

Theese speed runs are not in real time. They are made of several video segments, in this case 21.

Remember - these guy's spend hours and hours rehearsing, replaying and reviewing all possible glitches, exploits and shortcuts possible.

I find speedrunning to be a great thing to watch, although I don't have the patience to try it myself.

Can someone tell me how to play the demo files from that speedrun?

doctor_kaz said:
Can someone tell me how to play the demo files from that speedrun?
Have you download the DivX codec?

joule said:
Have you download the DivX codec?

Yes, but I'm trying to play the .dem files. I assume that you can play these in the Source Engine?

Open up the game. Make sure you have the console enabled.

Bring it down, type in playdemo demoname
e.g: playdemo speedrun

And it should work okay. If it crashes (I know there is a bug for 1.6 style games that don't use the souce engine) then try loading a map first and then running the demo.

Ooh, but the demo files are completely forked up, I'm afraid. Something to do with the 9/23 update

sorry to bring this back up, but it says you need hl version 1.1.2.0, what's that? the latest update for hl is 1.1.1.0 ... and one more thing, where should i put the .dem files? plz help asap.

Lou said:
I watched the HL in 45 minutes video, and I have some questions.

How did the guy go directly from "Office Complex" to "Blast Pit", skipping "We've Got Hostiles" completely? Last time I checked it was impossible to enter the little office with the switch that opens the gate to Blast Pit, through the front door, without first going through "We've Got Hostiles".

I think you 'use' the Scientist, then push him into the door -he opens it. You can then ush the lever to open the blast door. I have tried this, and it works.

There was a site dedicated to Half-Life 2 speed tests, but that's gone now.

Watched that HL2 in 2 hours video. Whoa, that was fast :p The high-quality file was bit broken though, it freezed when i watched it in bsplayer etc, but virtual dub played it well... I didnt know any of the glitches that were used in the film :eek: Gotta use them the next time i play hl :> Still need to watch that HL1 video, but now im too tired... 1:14am blah Zzz

Back