Where is the Hydra?

D

drizzit

Hi guys,
I am in the last chapter now, but did not have the pleasure to meet the hydra. In which level does it appear?

I noticed it wasnt there either.... valve butchered it. Along with cooler weapons and some other things.

They removed it from the game I'm afraid.

I dont think it exists. I think it was staged in the leaked beta or something along those lines so it either never existed or it got cut because of the leaked beta.

It got cut.... It was in a demonstration video, but apparantly it was not cool when you fight it. Thats what one of the devs said somewhere.

Thanks to you, people.
I thought my game had its own life ;)
Its sad, that I will finish it soon.Had some hours of great fun withit!

I remember them saying they wanted to include it in one of the expansion packs or HL3, if not i wish they'd have placed it in the HL2 models anyways, so we could still play around with it. That reminds me, there were almost no models in the hl2 folder that weren't used in the Final game, like the original. Wonder why they chose to leave all that stuff out..

AzzMan said:
I remember them saying they wanted to include it in one of the expansion packs or HL3, if not i wish they'd have placed it in the HL2 models anyways, so we could still play around with it. That reminds me, there were almost no models in the hl2 folder that weren't used in the Final game, like the original. Wonder why they chose to leave all that stuff out..

Because they don't need it to be in. Saves space.

i think they said the hydra was too hard to code and they couldnt perfect it so they had to leave it out, maybe it will be in hl3

Or it would be too hard to calculate for older (like my 4600 Ti)
Gracards.

smacky said:
i think they said the hydra was too hard to code and they couldnt perfect it so they had to leave it out, maybe it will be in hl3

It wasn't too hard to code, it was just not very fun to fight. It was good to watch it kill Combine soldiers but when it attacked the player you just saw a blue blob do something and then you died. It just wasn't entertaining.

Apparently.

yeah the hydra was really cool check the screenshot. Also they could have easily still had it in ...sure theyre not much fun to fight becuase soon as ur in range ur ****ed! but they could have just made it part of a puzzle to get past or something. bleh

in the leak there were some texts like "final hydra battle .." in the canals after alyx gets arrested and before you save barney from the snipers. iirc.
p.s. mods is it ok to talk about the leak? cuz the game is released!?

Back