Where To Find Model Unwraps?

D

Decile

Hi,

For some time now, I've been searching for some free unwraps of models so I can start attempting to skin. I've had a strong interested for quite some time, and have wanted to take the hobby up, only I can't find something to practice on. I would try to model, however my computer can't handle 3DS Max for some odd reasons. Anyway, if anyone could provide me with a site with free unwraps, tell me how to get model unwraps out of games, or even just someone to loan one (All for learning purposes).

Thanks!

By the way, high resolution unwraps would be appreciated as well!

Well, unless you're unusally gifted at looking at flattened polygons, it's probably extreamly hard to get the detail just right without seeing it on a model.

Well, that's disapointing. Oh well...how would you suggest learning then?

dont listen to them :p

all you need is Half Life Model Viewer and then you can download some models. from there, you can export the textures already on the model, and paint over them using youre own techniques. youll have to follow their positions for details and shading as you cant see the actual edges of the mesh, but thats about as good as you can get. but that elimites the problem of not being able to see the skin on the model.

hope that helps you get off the ground :cheers:

Here is a quick sample of an unwrap of this model:

FStextest.jpg
(just a concept texture from 2 months ago, final unwrap is different to this)

Check attachment for my texturing legend for this.

Back