Which enemy do you want to return in HL3 the most?

Which enemy do you want to return in HL3 the most?

• Zombie

Votes: 6 6.1%
  • Headcrab

Votes: 23 23.5%
  • Manhacks

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Strider

Votes: 30 30.6%
  • Ant Lion

Votes: 16 16.3%
  • Barnacle

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Police

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Combine soldier

Votes: 10 10.2%
  • Combine Elite

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • Gunship

Votes: 9 9.2%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Zombie
Headcrab
Manhacks
Strider
Ant Lion
Barnacle
Police
Combine soldier
Combine Elite
Gunship

For the Gunship, Antlion, Zombie and Headcrab the poll includes all types of each one.

The headcrab will be back, surely. Too much of the HL series has relied on it, and with it comes the zombies.

So that leaves the other options up to debate. Personally I'd like to see a guestappearance of a few antlions...

The police. Like Dead said, headcrabs are a given, and with it zombies. The metro police/civic protection were just cool :D And if they bring those back they gotta have the other combines...

Please Valve - no more Xen creatures for the next game. I'm very glad you didn't include very many for HL2.

Let's have all Combine (especially their synths) all the time! :)

I want my Ant Lions they are cool.

The headcraps are staying too, it's not even worth discussing.

I think we'll see some real Combine (like that giant slug Breen talked to).

ant lions!!!

i can foresee it... 1st level, gman brings you back from stasis, some odd speech, and you get dropped somewhere, say on a desert train (they all start with trains) and when you get off, you get guided into an office, the gman is sitting there and gives you a speech about old times, and hands you some bugbait and sends you off into an underground tunnel through a back door. you then get transported when the door closes to a similar looking deser, but on an alien planet, where there are antlions around you, and you are on your adventure again...

rf

wtf? you don't want more xen creatures? for me, the downfall of this game was that it didn't include nearly as much neato xen stuff as the original. I would give the entire valve staff oral sex if they would put the awesome xen world into the source engine. HL3, without a doubt, should include vicious xen combat with vortigaunt resistance allies vs. combine/slave/wild xen creatures. The combine is fine, but the enemies are just too boring and normal and human. Give me a flamethrower and five minutes in a xen asteroid thing and I will be a happy man for the rest of my life.

Also, what happened to the water combat... itchys and swimming bullsquid and swimming zombies and... and everything!

lets have the striders back, and i wanna see good uber weapon animations on em!!!

STTTRRRIIIIIIIIDDDEEEEERRRR!!!

All the enemies that ever appeared in the Half-Life series, combined together in an uber-epic battle.

More Xen, for preference, and I think we'll probably see more of the Overwatch, since some units are apparently punished by "Permanent Off-World Assignment", and I have a feeling that HL3 may be partially on other worlds... maybe the Combine Homeworld?

michael_obrien said:
wtf? you don't want more xen creatures? for me, the downfall of this game was that it didn't include nearly as much neato xen stuff as the original. I would give the entire valve staff oral sex if they would put the awesome xen world into the source engine. HL3, without a doubt, should include vicious xen combat with vortigaunt resistance allies vs. combine/slave/wild xen creatures. The combine is fine, but the enemies are just too boring and normal and human. Give me a flamethrower and five minutes in a xen asteroid thing and I will be a happy man for the rest of my life.

Also, what happened to the water combat... itchys and swimming bullsquid and swimming zombies and... and everything!

Agreed. With the possible exception of the oral sex part.

Zombies...Come on their dumb, slow, and fun to kill. ((But the fast ones aren't!))

I miss big momma...

wonder if the one we killed in hl1 was Lamarr's;)

EDIT: as for the poll - it's STRIDER, definitely. because there undoubtedly will be some more synths in HL3 and possibly expansions. maybe we'll get to see some of them unaltered by combine technology...
imagine - packs of striders, roaming free on some distant world's meadows, eating grass and taking care of their offspring... :E

headcrabs and zombies are a given

but i want to be chased by gargs again, if the vortigaunst could survive 15 years since the BM incident, who's to say the grunts, gargs, controllers, tentacle plants, and bullsquid didn't. I'd like to see how they carved out their own little ecological niche on earth like the anlions did.

i'd also love to use snarks again, or at least be able to deploy manhacks in a snarklike manner

Yes, visiting Xen again definitely would be cool, something about that place in Half-Life 1 really was amazing imo. Valve did a good job of putting you in a strange universe, you really felt like "wtf have i got myself into". The place itself felt alive too and exploring it was no joke. However, even if a visit to Xen isn't possible, wandering around Earth, with the alien creatures adapting to new surroundings would be nice too. Seeing how they changed Earth to their needs, like in Op Force with the evolved Mawmen and their alien goo all over the walls, where new headcrabs spawned from. Personally, i'd like to see a Garg and a Big Momma or a Strider fight, something of a battle of the titans with you caught in the middle of it. Good times i tell you, good times.

Well, as everyone has said before, headcrabs and zombies are a given. It wouldn't be Half-life without them...

Other than that, from Half-life 2, I'd have to go with the Striders. Although they were responsible for more of my deaths than anything else in the game, they are extremely cool. Like oberGeist, I'd love to see unmodified Striders roaming in packs, unfettered by the Combine's technological modifications.

From Half-life (1), we're pretty much assured of getting barnacles, since they've made it into the sequel too. I missed houndeyes and all the other Xen fauna too, but I suspect that since they didn't make it into HL2, we'll not see them in 3 either. (Quite possibly, the gargs and grunts were actually modified Combine versions of natural Xen organisms anyway, and so might actually be extinct in the form we knew them...)

(What I wouldn't mind, though, is a few more of the "experimental" weapons from HL making an appearance in the second sequel. The Gauss gun seems to have graduated into a standard fitting for vehicles, but I wonder what happened to the Gluon gun prototype (as well as the organic weapons used by Xen grunts and the RaceX voltigores).
Even more potentially useful, especially if the plot to HL3 involves more dimension hopping, would be a more advanced version of the Displacer weapon from OP4... (its slightly sad that the researchers at Black Mesa East didn't get around to modifying a barnacle to be wearable, as also seen in OP4, although I suppose they had enough work to be doing without venturing into xenobiochemistry.) )

Striders are just too cool. I can't wait for some expansions to include them in...interesting ways.

I miss the cute little yipping of the Houndeyes.

Once again..none of these polls have the most obvious choice...ALL!

I want to see those things that were at the end of the game but you never got to fight.

I would like to see the Antlions make a comeback, they ruled. :)

Like I said in another thread, manhacks were the equivalent of snarks from the first game. They're pests :D

Only thing that seperates them is snarks were usable in HL1. Now someone get to work and mod some useable manhack!

Now someone get to work and mod some useable manhack!
Psst... the Gravity Gun, some manhacks, and some targets fit in this equation, no mod required. ;)

At any rate, I would like to see a little more of Race-X, but that would probably require expansion and/or active collaboration with Gearbox. I miss the shock troopers.

Half-Life would not be Half-Life without the zombies and headcrabs as mentioned before so they will not go anywhere and will make it into HL3. I choose Strider because nothing is more satisfying than hearing their yell after taking a few rockets and about to hit the ground.

Over all id like to see all the enemies from both HL1 and HL2 in HL3 and maybe a couple of new ones.

Personally id wait 7 years for HL3 if it would incorporate everything from the first 2 and be even longer. Im sure everyone feels the same about wanting the adventure to never end.

The Combine Elites. Those guys were bad ass. :devil: I'd like to see them have some smarter AI next time around and be more lethal.

Back