Which HL2 package are you getting?

Which one

• Total voters
P

PowermanX4

1.Single player Half Life only.
2.Single player and Multiplayer Half Life. "Traditional Package"
3. Collectors Edition Half Life 2. "Traditional Package plus more!"
4. Pay $10 dollers/month an get Half Life 2 with free expantions.

I pre-ordered HL2 at Gamestop and I hope it's the traditional package. But the Steam account dose sound like a good idea, and you save a lot more money.
"At least thats what Valve said"

Which one are you getting?

I have used my god-like communication skills to arrange a poll :p

Well, sinse I have the CD-Key. I don't have to worry about that. Do I?
Made my Steam account. At least with steam, no one else can use are CD-keys.
With the SP version, Valve are leaving themselves open to attack. A CD-Key gen can be used with it since it isn't online. with MP, it is one account per key which stops cd-key gens in their path. ALSO, IF ANYONE can't regitster their key, make sure you message Valve and track the IP of the trader so all of us can stop those hackers once and for all.

jackofthetrade32 said:
Well, sinse I have the CD-Key. I don't have to worry about that. Do I?
Made my Steam account. At least with steam, no one else can use are CD-keys.
With the SP version, Valve are leaving themselves open to attack. A CD-Key gen can be used with it since it isn't online. with MP, it is one account per key which stops cd-key gens in their path. ALSO, IF ANYONE can't regitster their key, make sure you message Valve and track the IP of the trader so all of us can stop those hackers once and for all.

How'd you get a Half-Life 2 CD Key? Also, SP version or not people would eventually figure out how to crack it so it won't report to valve when it loads (Which it probably will), allowing them to play the SP.

Also, people would probably figure out a way to create rouge servers outside of steam. Hell, people have done that with World of Warcraft already, and it's an MMORPG. I doubt a simple Shooter would be too much work.

I'm not saying I condone these things, just saying they're possible. Being against it is one thing, being ignorant of it is another.

Edit: Oh, and I'm going for the collector's version.

Normal version, since that is cheaper than the Collector's edition.

Either the normal or CE, depends on how much money i am willing to spend.

Collectors Edition through steam, unless Collectors Edition will be shipped to europe.

how much do you think the collectors edition will be? im cheap, so its a deciding factor.

i got the voucher when i got my 9800xt so im gonna get it off steam first and then probably get the CE after a while

i got the voucher with my 9600XT i ill receive it with the post just hope its the tradional version (why should you otherwise use the internet to get your copy trough steam)

I'm getting whatever the ATI voucher is giving. :D

Now that I think about it, I've sold so many of those ATI coupons without anyone asking me that question. (If you're wondering, I've got a family member who works for CPT/PowerColor.) Most people were just asking whether they would get HL2 if they got the Premier Pack.

KillaH said:
i got the voucher with my 9600XT i ill receive it with the post just hope its the tradional version (why should you otherwise use the internet to get your copy trough steam)

I think it should be both multi player and single palyer

It depends on what exactly is in the Collector's edition. I don't care about maps, artwork, figurines, etc... If it has more games, then I may get it.

I just HAVE to get a little model Gordon to put in my locker at school...;)

Well, the CE will take longer time to get to the store, so I'm afraid I have to get the traditional. And I'm not enough of a die-hard fan (or rather, I'm not a rich enough die-hard fan) to buy both the trad. and the CE.

I WAS going to get it off steam, but Im not so sure now. Can you get a one-off deal on Steam, or do you have to pay the monthly subscription?

Ol'Master said:
I WAS going to get it off steam, but Im not so sure now. Can you get a one-off deal on Steam, or do you have to pay the monthly subscription?

The monthly subscription will only be a maybe, as they will want to give you the most bang for the buck before they implent it.

But if it gets implented it will work as a steam collectors edition, which means new content each month.

So you can buy the normal, special edition(ce) and if it goes through also the subscription

STEAM all the way. I'm not really bothered about a box, and with STEAM you'll probably be able to d/l the manual in Acrobat format or something.

I'd prefer VALVe to get my money in order to make more games than Vivendi.

Depends on the SE.

I am NOT spending $20-30 extra bucks on a keychain and tee-shirt (or whatever cheap crap is included). If the SE has something which will actually interest me, than I might go that way. But, not just things like mouse pad, tee-shirt, etc....that just doesn't make it worth the extra money for me since I will prorbably never use any of that kind of thing.

Otherwise, the normal version (SP/MP) not through steam.

I pre-ordered the traditional package...But if I find out that there is some really good stuff in the collector's edition, then I'll probably get that instead. :)

Im buying Collectors Edition and 'Normal SP+MP' edition....just for the hell of it realy.

But b4 i do that i have to buy a 9800pro , very off topic but what the hell :p

Collector's Edition is only on Steam I think. Now how are they going to send you a mini crowbar keychain over Steam? ;)

CE can be bought retail, they made mention of a Special Edition avalible on steam, which is supposed to be equal in value to the CE, but might include diffrent stuff.

The normal version. I havent heard anything about the SP only since they first announced it. So I think its probally only going to be the normal, CE and Steam.

Collector's Edition! If I can get it! (kakagar goes to a corner and starts dreaming about CE)

I already preordered the CE from ebgames and it was like $80. But if it doesnt come out at the same time i might buy the normal one too.

whats in the C.E version thts diffrent to the normal?

they haven't announced what will be in the C.E yet. I hope they put something really worth the extra dough.

I say it will have Dod and CS and remade half life.

ALSO GIFTS!!

collectors edition all the way (im sharing the cost with my brother :p)

CE, HL2 has already changed my life in so many ways (mostly because of this community) that it simply doesn't seem right to settle for anything but Collectors edition.

Normal.

And why the heck can you choose more than one choice!? They are checkboxes!!

:O What the heck!?

Or am I just that much of a n00b to these forums?

Back