Which map will benefit most from being converted to Source?

Which basic CS map will benefit most on the Source?

• cs_assault

Votes: 24 32.9%
  • de_dust

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • de_aztec

Votes: 15 20.5%
  • de_train

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • cs_747

Votes: 6 8.2%
  • cs_estate

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • de_dust2

• de_piranesi

• de_inferno

Votes: 7 9.6%
  • playground_x (hehe)

Votes: 3 4.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cyperious

Reaction score
I've read several previews but no one mentions anything about any maps other than dust. Personally, I think maps like cs_747 and cs_estate would benefit far more on the source engine. What do you guys think? I could only do ten poll choices so don't flame me if I forgot your favorite map. :)

Also, I heard anything about splintering wood on CS:S yet...

Hey, you're probably right, everyone says tiles look really good on Source...

argh i chose the wrong thread to post in and it got deleted.

anyway, militia, because its the best map of all time and itd be neat to see people fall of the roof with ragdoll physics and go through the sewers with pretty water

Last time I checked there wasn't any water in militia, but I guess cs_siege would have great lookin water.

I would say the more fun maps will benefit from Source than anything else. I'm of course referring to most the cs_ maps like assault, office, militia, estate maybe?

I don't think there is all that much to do with most of the de_ maps that are used in competitive matches but I can definitely see some fun things in something like office, I hope they scatter random office items everywhere to play around with, not to mention all the office furniture :D

I think Assualt will be a great map for conversion to source. They can add a bunch of details to it like broken down cars on the street for use as cover and things of that sort.

Cyperious said:
Last time I checked there wasn't any water in militia, but I guess cs_siege would have great lookin water.

ah, ok i dont remember its been a while, but hey if its sewers, they should add a little water, because its pretty :eek: :imu:

I think 747 has the greatest opportunity in Source, but I think Assault is the map that will get the best treatment.

im hoping that more than just aztec gets random weather effects too

Charybdis: Key word is similar. Besides, like 120 people are viewing this forum at all times; only like five people are viewing the other forums.

Charybdis: Key word is similar. Besides, like 120 people are viewing this forum at all times; only like five people are viewing the other forums.

Then what is the point in having the other forum then? I was just saying it would be better if CS:S threads were in the CS:S forum..

Aztec....

Whoever hasn't seen the Bink version of the Aztec E3 2004 presentation go see it!

cs_spooks, cs_havana, cs_thunder or de_survivor, de_chateau, kz maps (better be able to strafe jump or i will cry)

that cz map, with the plane crash would own

I would say Havana, its a very urban and cool map and the lighting and such could held add a nice look to it.

Thats the most obvious question ever, and you havent even included the map which it should be... (de_nuke)

i hope they will make all the maps for cs:s, for cs:cz they only remade half of them or something :/

As overplayed as it is, Dust2. Imagine planting at B while using barrels and other debris to block the DDs :cheese:

I'm gonna say CS_Siege as well. one of my favourite maps of all time (though not entirely balanced) and a great source of HE Bungee Jump amusement.

(de_jeepathon2k would be great to do with them buggies BTW)

I think most People postet like "wich map u like most".
The maps wich will benefit absoluteley most from the Source engine are Estate and 747.
I dont Like those maps mutch but that are the maps ;)
in 747 you have extreme Detail inside the Plane. It would look extreme different to CS1.6 same in Estate + Large Tarrain arround the House.
Prodigy would also benefit extreme. I guess it would look like a UT2k4 1on1 Map :D

The maps which will benefit the most are- estate and office since barricades will be a possibility

Definitely de_nuke!!! The small areas in the nuclear hangar will be filled with barrels and stuff :D and tru the roof windows there will be a spectacular lightning effect... <3

cant vote for nuke tho :<

Duff_Man said:
I think Assualt will be a great map for conversion to source. They can add a bunch of details to it like broken down cars on the street for use as cover and things of that sort.

the only thing assault needs is to nut be a crappy ass T biased map.

I say iceworld, imagine with real ice, slip n slide fun for all.

Mansion.

Just like that map for some reason.

'nother vorte for Siege APC. This time with the APC for the CT's (working tracks and all) and ofcourse the jeeps driveable.

Am I drooling?

/me gets tissue

Although it's not an option, I think cs_italy would be great because of the market stand in the center of the square. All those pictures and watermelons and everything would be prime for a grenade explosion.

what about Vertigo, with a nicely redone skybox, and I bet they could make it so we can't hear through the levels.

I also think cs_backalley will be very VERY nice in Source.

Back