White dots where textures meet, 'artifacts'? pics inside

Xenome

Reaction score
Hi everyone

In alot of games Im experiencing lines of white pixels where textures meet. I don't see it everywhere, but always on the same spots.

Yesterday I replaced my radeon 9700 pro with a geforce 4, and I still had the problem.
So I don't think it's a videocard problem..

I'm experiencing it in alot of games, so it's not a problem of the game itself.
I have the newest video drivers, mobo drivers, directx9, etc

It's no heat problem: cpu: 36C ( stressed)
mobo: 45C (stressed)

My question is: What could be causing this, since it's probably not my video card?

I've found some other persons on other forums with the same problem, but I can't reach them unfortunatly :(

--

Specs:
p4p800 non deluxe
2.8 ghz 800 fsb
club3d ati radeon 9700 pro
2x512 dual channel twinmos, pc-3200.
480W antec truepower.

why did you replace your 9700 pro with a geforce 4 as its a slower card?

To see if I still had the problem, of course I now have the 9700 pro again :)

Is your video card dusty? Maybe time to clean out the dust. Dust seriously impairs cooling performance. Use a can of compressed gas to clean it ou.

Another option is to uninstall your graphics card drivers. Then download and run driver cleaner and then install the latest graphics card drivers from ATI. That may fix your problem.

Whoa, cool, is there a "driver cleaner" for general OS cleanup as well?

DreamThrall said:
Whoa, cool, is there a "driver cleaner" for general OS cleanup as well?

No. It would be useful though.

Be sure to follow the instructions of the driver cleaner though. And uninstall your current graphics card drivers before you use driver cleaner as well.

This program works by fully removing all traces of your graphics card drivers from your computer. A typical windows uinstall only removes a portion of these drivers which means that the part of the driver that is causing you problems could still be there.

All tried, multiple times.

Also I have replaced it with a (almost new) geforce 4 yesterday to test, and still had the problem

watch the gman bink again and pay close attention to his neck

Do you have AA or AF enabled? Try disabling it from the control panel.

Ive tried both af and AA enabled and disabled..:O

The bad thing about this situation is: Ive bought my pc parts at different online stores, so i can't just go to a store and say 'this is my problem, fix it' ..

I bought this pc for HL2, and DONT want to experience this in hl2

Download an overclocking utility and try underclocking your video card (by 10 MHz). When people had that problem in Doom 3, that was a quick and easy way to solve it.

Does this problem occur in all games?

Yes. But in some I almost don't notice it anywhere, and in other games I notice it in alot of places

And I could try underclocking, but since I still had it with a geforce 4, I doubt it will work..

Since it's not my vidcard ( VERY probably, since i tested two of them) I'm thinking of just replacing something..

Maybe I should replace my motherboard

If its not your video card then its gotta be the motherboard, take the video card and dust out the agp slot if that doesnt fix it then the motherboard is messed up. I have the same motherboard as u but i do not experience these problems.

motherboard problem deffinitely, since 2 cards from different manufacturers had the same problem. sorry mate.

It's the nVidia drivers. I've had the same problem before. Try running the game in other modes (Open GL or D3D)

--- Btw, this is what I mean with "nVidia suck at making drivers". They do.

did anyone listen to me? i dont think this is a hardware problem as it is visible in the gman bink.

Dead-Inside said:
It's the nVidia drivers. I've had the same problem before. Try running the game in other modes (Open GL or D3D)

--- Btw, this is what I mean with "nVidia suck at making drivers". They do.
Yes. It's the nVidia drivers. Even though it also happens in videos and on his 9700 Pro. :|

Dunno WTF is going on though. Maybe it's a memory problem.

Yea, if you watch the BINK of the collaberation of scenes, when you look at this guy holding a rocket launcher or something, there are white pixels that clearly stand out on the corners of his eyes, very annoying.

lol @ all the cooling and cleaning posts.

Its just the way the levels made, it happens on dust if you stand against the fence and look at the wall with bottles and crap near it, the level maker needs to put the wall down a few mm.

Azzel, I thought that also, but since i didn't have these problems on the same games with my older system ( and same vid card!) I don't think the games itself cause this

JimmehH said:
Yes. It's the nVidia drivers. Even though it also happens in videos and on his 9700 Pro. :|

Dunno WTF is going on though. Maybe it's a memory problem.

I had the same problem... And he said he started to have these spots when he switched to the nVidia card didn't he? Or did I misread?

With my old GeForce 2 MX 200/400 I had the same problems with 2 of 3 nVidia drivers I believe. The latest one I had before I got my new comp worked though.

Dead-Inside said:
I had the same problem... And he said he started to have these spots when he switched to the nVidia card didn't he? Or did I misread?

With my old GeForce 2 MX 200/400 I had the same problems with 2 of 3 nVidia drivers I believe. The latest one I had before I got my new comp worked though.

No, I have the problem with my radeon 9700 pro, so I tested a geforce 4, and I also had the problem with that card..It was just to test

Back