Who would you pick?

Swift

Reaction score
Lets say your the Casting Director for the brand new HL movie!!

Who would you pick to play the Main charectars? Gordon, Gman, Barney ect. ect.

Barney would be Rowen Ackson ( Mr. Bean, I dont know how to spell his real name)

On the topic of HL movie. Do you think we would see the whole movie through Gordens eyes? That would be a strange movie.

Edward Norton = Gordon
Barney = Christian Bale (in a older version)
G-Man... that's a hard one... I was thinking of Christopher Walken because he's such a great character and a mean mother****er... but he doesn't really look like The G-Man...

I hope to God that a HL movie never happens. The last thing I need to see is a Gordon completely out of my character.

Im thinking the only way the movie could be made is if it was presented to a major motion picture company (ie Warner Bros, Paramount) . Those kind of companies like main-stream, and having a movie through someones eyes the whole time would probably make them reject thr project.

Rowan Atkinson could do a good Barney, maybe throw in some comic releif for the ever serious Gordon.

Admin_Winnuting said:
Barney would be Rowen Ackson ( Mr. Bean, I dont know how to spell his real name)

On the topic of HL movie. Do you think we would see the whole movie through Gordens eyes? That would be a strange movie.
I don't think so, you would see Gordon, and he would speak too.

I think G-Man should be played by Jeremy Irons. With the right makeup, I think he would be perfect for it.

Gordon - Ed Norton
Gman - Smoking Man from X-files (Unless he's died of lung cancer)
Alyx - Angelina Jolie
Eli Vance - Morgan Freeman

Natalie Portman can play someone too. anyone. as long as there is a chance for a bit of peeky. :naughty:

I don't think so, you would see Gordon, and he would speak too.

Rowan Atkinson talks just not much in mr.Bean, Jonny English for example.

Or were you talking about...
"On the topic of HL movie. Do you think we would see the whole movie through Gordens eyes? That would be a strange movie."

Homercidal said:
Gordon - Ed Norton
Gman - Smoking Man from X-files (Unless he's died of lung cancer)
Alyx - Angelina Jolie

Natalie Portman can play someone too. anyone. as long as there is a chance for a bit of peeky. :naughty:

agreed..... except for Alyx, since her bust isn't as big as Angelina's, but I'm not complaining if they stick with her anyhow! :stare:

Hmm, woudn't pick Angelina for that role, she's too girly.

Gordon - Edward Norton
GMan - Though one, its weird but, Mel Gibson with the right makeup, og Hugo Weaving, you know, as Agent Smith in the Matrix, would make a good example.
Alyx - Angelina Jolie
Dr. Breen - Sean Connery
Father Grigori - Another though one, maybe Jack Nicholson?
Barney - Christian Bale, he kicks ass in Equilibrium.

Admin_Winnuting said:
Rowan Atkinson talks just not much in mr.Bean, Jonny English for example.

Or were you talking about...
"On the topic of HL movie. Do you think we would see the whole movie through Gordens eyes? That would be a strange movie."
Yeah I was, I don't like the idea of Mr Bean unless its a comedy, I like the idea of Christian Bale for that role.

Charlie Sheen is Gordon Freeman!

co1.jpg

co2.jpg

co4.jpg

Use the Search function!!! this topic has been discussed many times b4.

Most ppl say Edward Norton (my fave actor btw) as Gordan Freeman
Christoper Walken- Gman blah blah blady blah

Gordon = Hulk Hogan
Alyx = Lucy Liu
Gman = Johnny Knoxville
Eli = Dave Chapelle
Breen = Mini Me
Barney = Will Sasso

DisMorbid said:
Gordon = Hulk Hogan
Alyx = Lucy Liu
Gman = Johnny Knoxville
Eli = Dave Chapelle
Breen = Mini Me
Barney = Will Sasso

ROFLMFAO :p

Mountain Man said:
Charlie Sheen is Gordon Freeman!

co1.jpg

co2.jpg

co4.jpg

If I had to go for sheer look-alike quality, I'd probably go for Sheen as well.

As for the G-Man... Christopher Walken. Again, only for look-alike reasons, because I doubt he'd be able to do the G-Man voice right.

ADDED: Udo Kier could possibly make a decent G-Man.

The woman that does the voice of Alyx looks alot like her , and she has acting skills

Gordon - Garry Oldman
Alyx - Jessica Alba
Barny - george cloony
Breen - the architect from the matrix reloaded
Eli - Sammuel L. Jackson
Kliner - Robert Picardo (holographic doctor from Star trek voyager)
G-Man - i guess walken would be ok but just because I can't think of any other lanky old white guys that would fit the bill.

well, i can agree with angelina jolie as alyx

hell, she should play everyone
*gargles* angelina joliiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeee

How much acting could there possibly be for Gordon? You never see the guy, or hear him talk...if the movie were to follow the games then that part should at least be the same... :borg:

Gordon needs no actor!

It would have been interesting if they shot the whole movie in a first person view with no mirrors and gorden didn't talk. Some times i wish we had no idea what gorden looked like. any way i think Christopher Walking would be a good Gman he can be a great drama actor. but i dont think that will happen, most video game movies have one big name actor and the others are c-list actors.

hows this sound? get the old rat pack out of hollywood and get some new stars that actually look like them, and can actually act.

i'm sick of seeing the same damn people in every movie.

Am I the only one out there who thinks a HL movie would be a type of sacrilidge to the PC? I can't see myself liking a HL movie, just because they would have to change things up so much that it would just end up sucking.

Or maybe that's just the pessimist in me......meh, either way, I don't like the idea.

I don't see how Angelina could be Alyx. Sure, Angelina is one of the most beautiful, sexy women out there, but her complexion and everything is all wrong. Eli is black and Angelina, while I don't know her personal background, doesn't seem black or of interracial origions at the level that alyx appears to be.

Gary Oldman could make a decent Gordon, but I'd still pick Charlie Sheen.

William Davis (X-Files Smoking Man) would be too obvious a pick for the G-Man. :E Meanwhile, Christopher Walken would kick ass in that role.

My thoughts on a Half-life movie: approach it like they did the expansion packs. A movie telling the story of Half-life we all know and love would be boring. The playable characters (Gordan, Shepard, Barney, Colette, Gina) have already been played, and most don't ever speak. Their stories couldn't involve a lot of personal choices or character developement by nature of it being a video game. And purists would complain if they changed things. (I would)

So create a new character to star in the movie, and let all the Half-life fans love the references to the games' characters and the parallel timeline to events they played in the game. This character's story can be more fit for a movie. He can have a wife and kids or whatever. He can experience personal growth.

We'd probably see but not hear Gordan (since the audience needs to understand how the accident happens). The gman can appear, possibly Breen (I think I'd perfer not Breen). Eli, Walter, etc can show up or be developed.

This way you have a good movie, it's true to the Half-life story, it's accessable to those who haven't played the games (and might get them interested), and provides more insight into the events at Black Mesa that gamers want.

Mountain Man said:
When i first looked at this picture it made me think of the Super mario movie. God i still have Nightmares about that stupid movie.

I don't see whats the big deal about making Gordo become an actual charectar. I personally would love to see an HL movie... And common guys.. you know its gonna happen, there's no doubt.

How about some new Up and Commers for Gordon, Alyx, Barney and Alan?

But if I were VU I would demand this movie take more then 1 month to complete.. let it be on par with its PC game brothers and r0x0rz the collective worlds b0x0rz.

Raziel-Jcd said:
Edward Norton = Gordon

Ok, pay attention Mr. Freeman, I am only going to say this once.

First, the topic has been discussed to death. Latest thread is:http://www.halflife2.net/forums/showthread.php?t=55559

We should start making pollls for actors, then close them and finally decide. And quit suggesting Norton :frown: , because:

Myself from above Thread said:
Norton is good for all this "boyish-characters in trouble" roles. Fight Club, 25th hour, Larry Flint, Primal Fear, even the American History X, Red Dragon, etc... His manner of speech stays the same though all those movies, and it wouldn't be good for Gordon, that's what I think.
I support Charlie Sheen or Gary Oldman. Charlie Sheen has a good experience for such role from (The Arrival), and Oldman is a much better actor overall.
On the other hand, there's Joe Cucan (Kane from C&C series), but that one is hopelessly bald ;)

i would go with either gary oldman or keifer sutherland (24) for gordon.
And donald sutherland for Dr Breen.

gokumike said:
Dave attell as gregory.

Again, quoting myself. If you really want an actor who can copy Grigorii's unique mix of bravery, crazyness and friendliness, you would pick Alexei Petrenko:

http://movieshop***/catalog/people/004200/004295/i.jpg

To those in America and Western Europe, you have probably seen the guy in Barber of Siberia, he played General Radlov:
http://www.zelluloid.de/images/szenen/3a3e0c8359de3.jpg
(second guy from the right)

Back