Who's at your local s-4?

koul_jackson

Reaction score
Okay what the ****? I'm now getting into Day of Defeat again(I joined the army and have been unable to play since before Argentina was released)> and I'm seeing servers where everyone is either using the SMG or Assault rifles(Bar and what not). It's my understanding that WWII had almost EVERYONE on rifle, maybe 1 of every ten with a BAR and 1 of every 5 with a Thompson.

So does anyone have a server where it limits the number of people on each weapon? I've seen limited Rocket's, MG, and Snipers...I just think the game would be more fun if the infantry acutally use the Rifles.

There are plenty out there, you just gotta be patient and find them. Sorry, there's not easy way short of someone replying with an IP.

to be frank, DOD:S is not an accurate representation of World War II in more ways than just weapon distribution.

If you want more realism, try Red Orchestra. Otherwise, you kind of have to make compromises.

to be frank, DOD:S is not an accurate representation of World War II in more ways than just weapon distribution.

If you want more realism, try Red Orchestra. Otherwise, you kind of have to make compromises.

ya, i cant imagine soldiers running for 8 seconds then dying of exhaustion......and whats with going prone taking 7 hours? Dod kind of annoys me due to its lack of realism and its small annoyances, although its still a good game

i absolutely love DOD:S, but it's not realistic

Or Call of Duty...

No, Call of Duty is wannabe realism. Red Orchestra is where it's at.

No, Call of Duty is wannabe realism. Red Orchestra is where it's at.

I don't see much of a difference, especially since CoD is more "cinematic" being that it's a single-player game, and blah blah blah. The only lack of realism is in the fact that I doubt any soldier kills that many other soldiers.

Unless you mean more realestic in multiplayer, in which case, yes. Too bad Call of Duty is more fun though :D

well...sometimes being ultra-realistic makes for not as much fun. To be honest....I don't think WWII was all that fun to be a part of anyway. ;)

well i'm in the army and i wish we had the Budget to hand out the latest and greatest weapons of our time peroid...shit, i got a canteen that dates back to Vietnam!

Back