why do you think they are keeping it quite?

commando

Reaction score
why do you think they are keeping MP quite?well?

do you think they have planned something no other MP has shown?

do you think there will be alot of new MODES of play?

objective, capture flag, jail break....?

BUGGY RACING?

what do you think will.....or....SHOULD be in this HL2 mp?

..................AND WHERE IS SPITCODFRY it should be 2-3pm where he lives LOL soz.

Probably. I mean, Valve knows a big part of their games are the multiplayer portion. Thats what keeps the game going for years and years (that, and MODs).

Also, I think you meant to say "quiet", not "quite."

Originally posted by Garp
He's been........silenced.

R.I.P.

Yea, they let him play HL2, then killed him... oh the price to pay for HL:)

soz i was typing fast i did mean QUIET!

well no i don't think the MP is what keeps it alive the longest...i think it is the MAP EDITOR AND MODS. cause map editor makes NEW SP-MP levels to play.

mobs make new MODES of mp and new stuff.

mp is gr8 and i can't wait to play that as well. jus wondering what they have up thier SLEEVES

I'd bet that the mp game is fairly straight forward...straight death match, ctf, buggy racing like you say, etc...but extremely open to mods, both fan made and valve partners (CS, TF2, DOD2, etc, etc.)

well if it was jus DM and CTF and that, i think gabe would of said SOMETHING.

but he is keeping it closed!

i don't think he will tell us at all! let us experience it (which is so cool)

Originally posted by commando
..................AND WHERE IS SPITCODFRY it should be 2-3pm where he lives LOL soz.

It's 2:54 here. SCF could be due any moment if things went as we expected.

Maybe they're letting him play the mp game for an extended time though. How cool would that be? Deathmatching against the valve employees... Hope he can remember to circle straffe.

I think the MP must be something different anyway, maybe not revolutionary, just different. Otherwise they would have no reason to keep it quiet.

if i was him i would hang around as long as they would let me. plus he has to develope his film and scan it ......... snail technology

Originally posted by droper
if i was him i would hang around as long as they would let me. plus he has to develope his film and scan it ......... snail technology

Aww... he'll post as soon as he's able to get back to his machine. If he has to develop film or take time in uploading it, he'll still come here first and give us a heads up.

Originally posted by droper

He said he had a digital camera and was gonna upload the pics to his computer using firewire.

Originally posted by Ralphus
MP is either a suprise or a let down.

I doubt with valves exposure to the mp world and their new technology mp will be disappointing.

well it is 11:03pm here so it should be 3pm there? correct? man i bet they are letting him stay there till 4-5-6 FOR dinner! lol...thrown him down a vent.... put him in a cage, with a crossbow in there, hanging over water....which has a monster big parrana (spelling) fish inside.)

guess where i got that from.

when i get the game i am going to TRY and play mp, but i think i will be toooooo hooked on the SP to even care about the mp. then when i completed the SP, i will play my favourite bits again LOL.

but it is so so strange why they are keeping it secret!

Originally posted by sharp
Maybe MP is even 2 times better then SP :)

i was goin to say ERRRRM NO.

but hay you might be right man! :cheers:

It's now 3:07pm. I wagered (using virtual dollars) that he'd make his return at 3:10.

Maybe they're letting him stay for a very long time.

Maybe he got into an accident (please, god, no)

Maybe he lost his nerve and failed and can't face the board again. (please god, no)

Maybe he made the whole darn thing up and can't face us. (please god no)

Maybe he's on his way back and will post in the next five minutes.

Gettin' antsy though.

It's 0.10 AM here... I am getting tired :/

Hope that guy comes back and TELL us first what he's been doing at Valve before uploading and creating an entire footage :)

it is 11:19pm here i plan to stay till....12-1-2am i don't care no work tomoz.

film for his camera
digital camcorder maybe

Thank you!!! Finally someone understands that it is a camcorder!!!

look at the facts.

1) He's gonna upload to his comp via firewire
2) He's run off to the store for some film
3) They let him bring a camera

What device fits the description? A camcorder!!

And on that note, I think that if I were Gabe and I knew a fan were coming, I would let him stay for quite a while, not a measly 2-3 hours....

Anyway, back on topic. HL2 multiplay ought to be completely kickass. I bet that Valve has some new mode of gameplay like the way UT2k3 introduced Bombing Run. Of course, there's going to be the regular DM, CTF, and possibly team deathmatch(?)... Maybe they'll have something like UT's infiltration or Double Domination where its Rebels vs. Combine and they have to infiltrate/defend a base/key location....

I want to see a gametype where the player starts out with nothing but the manipulator, and there is just a bunch of shit laying around to pick up and blast toward your enemy.

Then maybe it would become strategic on what to pick up, and what kind of damage it would do, etc.

And you think you can pick up a headcrab with one of those things and chuck it toward a player/npc??

I truely hope they implement vehicles into the gameplay, will be great if it's anything like Halo.

As far as cs2 / tf2 / dod2, i hope they just use the source engine to it's finest. Make all sorts of things interactive and destructable, not simply just a port of the old with a new visuals.

Originally posted by ag3nt187
I want to see a gametype where the player starts out with nothing but the manipulator, and there is just a bunch of shit laying around to pick up and blast toward your enemy.

Yes, fun... but you know what I'd like better? A manipulator team vs. gun team (with different scenarios i.e. manipulator team must get past gun team in a certain time)... on a whole map based around just that... it'd be sweet... and if it's not done by Valve... well... I'll do it myself!

Damn its been almost 4 hours, it shouldnt take that long, unless hes blowing smoke up our asses

Originally posted by Wilson502
Damn its been almost 4 hours, it shouldnt take that long, unless hes blowing smoke up our asses

Just four? Oh, he could be there...

Originally posted by Wilson502

I bet that would feel funny.

blowing smoke up our asses, means that hes lying to us or bullshitting us

I'm inclined to believe that they have something special up their sleeves, even if it is just a twist on death match.
But that is a REALLY good question. Why the secrecy? Something is going on there down at Valve recently, and its going to be interesting to find out what it is.

heh i bet spitcod and the valve dudes are duking it out in deathmatch or something. id be really jealous if spitcod had a chance at hl2, but hey, itd be good news ^_^

Originally posted by Direwolf
I'm inclined to believe that they have something special up their sleeves, even if it is just a twist on death match.
But that is a REALLY good question. Why the secrecy? Something is going on there down at Valve recently, and its going to be interesting to find out what it is.

I agree, I thought this way too.
12 days to go. :dork:

Originally posted by indocomplexity
heh i bet spitcod and the valve dudes are duking it out in deathmatch or something. id be really jealous if spitcod had a chance at hl2, but hey, itd be good news ^_^
I think the best he can hope for is some stickers and maybe a t-shirt or something (assuming he makes it past security).

crowbar only server! that would be so funny and you lot know you will love it

Originally posted by indocomplexity

It would be cool and all but it isn't gonna happen, since its not released to public, only people that touch beta is beta team and VALVe..

Better yet, no-weapons mode (AKA Mario Bros Mode). You have to jump on each-others heads to hurt anyone. :p

Back