Why doesn't VALVe use steam like they should?

mstrum

Reaction score
Ok, just a little rambling before I go off to bed. Steam is all about updating easily and often right? Well, why haven't they done ONE small update to fix the wallhack command? It isn't like they have to do much. All they have to do is make it so that command is not available, for instance, if sv_cheat is 0. That isn't much at all! They could most likely fix it in a few minutes. Am I that off? It is a simple command issue. Just test if sv_cheats is 1!

I just think Valve needs to do more constant updating. Steam allows that but they don't like to. Yeah, I'm sure they are focused on HL2. But come on, just take 10 minutes and fix it!

Valve = Busy

You = moaning, good point to, ave been naied a few dodgy times!!

Lmao

Well HL2 went gold. So they should be partying right now!

I don't see why you people are saying he's moaning, he makes a fair point, it's a simple fix, why don't they update it. While they're at it they should fix the observer map while alive cheat also, and the username string parsing bug as well.

That such HUGE flaws are in a final release is pretty bad, i don't even bother playing cs:s lately because it's just frustrating knowing people are cheating so easily and that some asshat will crash my client before the next map change.

I'm happy valve got hl2 to gold but it'd be nice to see cs:s go "gold" too. Right now it's a beta by any other name, a good game spoilt by rather stupid bugs that should've been caught by the people who wrote the game before the public release.

note: the parsing error, and the wallhack cheat, have since been fixed.

Have a nice day.

Back