why enjoy supercharged G-gun

Guyenhl2net

Reaction score
Everyone seems to admire the noption of g-gun acquiring organic ability. Idea is cool but that very thing makes beating enemy hell of a lot easier and makes it boring. Therefore the dark energy chapter is most uninteresting to me to play as well as undue alarm on EP1.

I'm unsure whether this is a statement, a question or spam. Whichever one, it's useless.

wanted you guys to share your opinions about the organic gun. Dont be bitter if you dont like the post.

Look, you've got a point, and it's a reasonable thing to post, but for smaller discussions like this it's better to post it in the miscellaneous thread.

wanted you guys to share your opinions about the organic gun. Dont be bitter if you dont like the post.
A better idea: Don't make a useless thread then try and make us look like the jerks when we don't like it.

Pointless
I agree to a certain extent but....It's really fun punting combine into the tanks then watching them blow up....then dropping them off the edge....destroying tech in the citadel
Etc

Everyone seems to admire the noption of g-gun acquiring organic ability. Idea is cool but that very thing makes beating enemy hell of a lot easier and makes it boring. Therefore the dark energy chapter is most uninteresting to me to play as well as undue alarm on EP1.

Not really, it's a refreshing break from usual gameplay especially considering you don't have any kind of other weapon.

I'm unsure whether this is a statement, a question or spam. Whichever one, it's useless.

Sooo give *crickets* then. If it's "useless" as you state, then why bother even to post a response.....

A better idea: Don't make a useless thread then try and make us look like the jerks when we don't like it.

A better idea: don't respond to a "useless" thread as you call it if it doesn't interest you!

I've had questions,comments & thoughts that I've wanted to throw out there for feedback like Guyenhl2net. However, I've read too many threads with responses like this that keep me silent.

Just a thought from a fellow HL nerd.....

It's a new style of gameplay which was fun and original. Sure, it wasn't particularly hard, but then that was almost a brilliant decision Valve made, not making Half-Life one, long chore. I thoroughly enjoyed it and felt the Super Gravity Gun enhanced the experience, making me think bigger and larger. There were a couple of hard bits, notably the strider, but they kept the gameplay pretty well spread out. It was only present in a couple of chapters and wasn't around at all in Episode Two.

I do not despise the gravity gun.

To be honest, it isn't that bad a thread. It provoked some form of thought, it was generally unique and it's about Half-Life. It's not a particularly bad thread. Your opinion on it doesn't change the objective decency of it, and being rude about it isn't very helpful either. It's certainly not a crap thread, nor a waste of our time, nor consists of trolling. Nor does it spout an ignorant failure at forgetting the Search facility.

But then the Opening Post probably should have expanded on his point. Some pictures would have been nice.

Look, you've got a point, and it's a reasonable thing to post, but for smaller discussions like this it's better to post it in the miscellaneous thread.

i aint see any misc thread, perhaps you could point out to me if you were not hallucinating when u wrote your post.

as more users respond to this thread, it is becoming more and more evident (without my try) that jerks like you are in the minority.

i aint see any misc thread, perhaps you could point out to me if you were not hallucinating when u wrote your post.

Calm down, I was trying to be helpful

Miscellaneous Thread

I've had questions,comments & thoughts that I've wanted to throw out there for feedback like Guyenhl2net. However, I've read too many threads with responses like this that keep me silent.

Just a thought from a fellow HL nerd.....

Yes, there is often a rather...hostile approach to these threads, and that's because almost every single one of these topics/questions has been discussed to death over the period of several years. If you do choose to make a thread about it, you're more likely to succeed if it's interesting, thought-provoking, and well formatted (there are grammar nazis abound). Simplest solution is to go ask in the Miscellaneous thread.

as more users respond to this thread, it is becoming more and more evident (without my try) that jerks like you are in the minority.
To be honest, I was simply in a bad mood last night and this thread hit a nerve. Just present them better next time, it uglies up the forum otherwise.

Guys, pointless mmk? Pointless and it is Pointless to Pointless.

All of you pointless arguement Pointless and Pointless all day, why don't you all get pointless?

Calm down, I was trying to be helpful

Miscellaneous Thread

Yes, there is often a rather...hostile approach to these threads, and that's because almost every single one of these topics/questions has been discussed to death over the period of several years. If you do choose to make a thread about it, you're more likely to succeed if it's interesting, thought-provoking, and well formatted (there are grammar nazis abound). Simplest solution is to go ask in the Miscellaneous thread.

i have account with many other userforums including other pc games i play, my car and there are lot of repeating topics come up all the time but i dont normally see hostile responses like these, no offense to you, just addressing first two respondents.

The Super Duper Lazer Shooter Zero-Point Energy Field Manipulator? aka the Dark Energy Field Manipulator aka the Super Gravity Gun. /doh me /penny drops
Righto, im with you now!!

Gosh, for a while I didn't know what the hell was goin on in here,

Well the novelty factor of wanging corpses about has tired, kind of, but I still enjoyed it. If you find it uninteresting to use then skip the chapter or you can probably cheat & get weapons to ice the bad guys, but good luck with that. I probably would of preferred to have kept my weapons, but meh, I got them all back in the end cos we "re-activated the containment field of the Citadels core"wiki. I love it when a plan comes together.

Back