Why I love HL2DM

Reaction score
1. The 357. Think about it: it's perfect, a true 'n00b cannon' in every way, gives everyone a chance against the 200- HEV players, and also, the person saying it has pinpoint accuracy and hits immediately. Wrong. It takes a very short amount of time to get to you, but is still dodgable. Try not running straight towards people if you keep getting killed, it's damn easy just to quickswitch and blast some fool running straight forward and shooting you.

2. The GravGun. Not overpowered, but a valid tactic. Grab a radiator, blast it at someone, then switch to shotty and double-whammy them. Add to this an improvised grenade launcher that you spawn with, and you've got a weapon that gives you a chance from the off. There are all sorts of tactics associated with the Gravity Gun, but I won't go into them here.

3. The crossbow. It can be used in 2 ways: as a shotgun-type or as a sniping weapon, and it's slow move time means you can be out of sight by the time they realise they're being shot at

I'll add more later :)

I feel EXACTLY the same way. I love how the crossbow gives you time to get out of the way before they can see you. It's perfect for hiding and firing. Grav gun using objects for shields completely blocks all 357 shots. I hardly ever get shot by it. It's even pretty easy to dodge the 357 bullets too, as long as you sprint a good bit.

I 100% agree!
(and btw this is my 1000th post :E)

edit: and YEAH I'm an antlion! :E

Agreed Comrade. ;)

It's fun to invite your buddies over and play HL2DM :LOL:

I would love it but:

1) It seams people are so stupid that they can't config their rates (try to shoot a guy with over 100 ping not gonna happen, and if you question my skills, I can take a Duel anytime)
2) Objects push you, not you them, you can get stuck between shelves and not get out (and if you use Grav Gun you can kill yourself)
3) you spawn with a Grav Gun (usualy you lose because theres nothing to throw near, and too slow to take the weapon in hand)
4) Every damn thing picked up it takes to hand (dunno if this can be changed in the console)
5) When you spawn, the flashlight is on (eats lot's of fps)

But when no laggers are on the server, it's one fun game! Btw is there a way to set a ping limit?

I don't spawn with flashlight on.. and you can shoot someone with over 100 ping, it's just best to use burst weapons.

Brick to the face = heaven.

you only spawn with the flashlight on if you died with the flashlight on

a great tactic against tactics such as a the 357-noob or the gravity gun weilding badger is to jam on the sprint and strafe around in circles around your target, they're stuck and you spray mp7 rounds into their head

ComradeBadger said:
1. The 357. Think about it: it's perfect, a true 'n00b cannon' in every way, gives everyone a chance against the 200- HEV players, and also, the person saying it has pinpoint accuracy and hits immediately. Wrong. It takes a very short amount of time to get to you, but is still dodgable. Try not running straight towards people if you keep getting killed, it's damn easy just to quickswitch and blast some fool running straight forward and shooting you.

2. The GravGun. Not overpowered, but a valid tactic. Grab a radiator, blast it at someone, then switch to shotty and double-whammy them. Add to this an improvised grenade launcher that you spawn with, and you've got a weapon that gives you a chance from the off. There are all sorts of tactics associated with the Gravity Gun, but I won't go into them here.

3. The crossbow. It can be used in 2 ways: as a shotgun-type or as a sniping weapon, and it's slow move time means you can be out of sight by the time they realise they're being shot at

I'll add more later :)
i used to really dislike grav gun but now that not EVERY single person in the server thinks grav gun is the only gun in the game, lag has been severely cut down + i've gotten much better with grav gun :E. i don't use it when i have a shotgun or magnum but it's nice when all you got is the smg. my fav gun is the magnum. you have to have enough skill to strafe while aiming so you can kill those guys trying to kill you with the grav gun and the guys that are smart enough to strafe against you instead of running in a straight line :E

ComradeBadger said:
1. The 357. Think about it: it's perfect, a true 'n00b cannon' in every way, gives everyone a chance against the 200- HEV players, and also, the person saying it has pinpoint accuracy and hits immediately. Wrong. It takes a very short amount of time to get to you, but is still dodgable. etc

Its a bit too powerful for my taste. n00bs don't know where they spawn so only the more experienced users go for them. Tone it down a bit would be my request.

ComradeBadger said:
2. The GravGun.

I agree. The best online fps weapon around. Imagine the possibilities in modding.
btw I like it how sometimes (almost) everyone on a server silently agrees to only playing w/ the GravGun. There's always someone to spoil the fun but still .....

I love how addictive this game is. I keep on going "one more spawn, one more spawn" until it's way too late and I only get to sleep for 4, 5 hours.

thefiznut said:
I feel EXACTLY the same way. I love how the crossbow gives you time to get out of the way before they can see you. It's perfect for hiding and firing. Grav gun using objects for shields completely blocks all 357 shots. I hardly ever get shot by it. It's even pretty easy to dodge the 357 bullets too, as long as you sprint a good bit.
I'll killed someone who was carrying a table about to chuck it at me by shooting them in the foot with the magnum. Rediculous.

Taking a few pot shots with the pistol at an explosive barrel an enemy is carrying. :) HL2DM has made my life harder to live :D

HL2 deathmatch on the whole doesn't compare to a game like UT2004, as it doesn't seem quite as focused or polished, and lacks that certain something that I just can't define.

However, it has some of the best individual shining moments ever in a multiplayer game thanks to the physics. Strategically shooting explosive barrels, blockading doors, defending yourself with tables, seeing a grenade knock the annoying spammer halfway across the map... if they could take these awesome elements and blend them with a more cohesive game mode, it would be unstoppable.

HL2DM has been nothing but fun for me. 100% agree w/ the original post. :)

Well I never even use flashlight (I don't even have it on binded), and still I spawn with it on. But sure it's fun, but in my opinion it isn't a skill game, just shoot and left hand on the bibble.

i really dont see why narcolepsy compaired it too ut2004, makes no sense. AM I MISSING SUMTHING? hl2dm is something totally different from ut2004. I know the deathmatch idea is realtively the same.. but wtf? lol

PEACE

Mike :cheers:

Max_Payne said:
i really dont see why narcolepsy compaired it too ut2004, makes no sense. AM I MISSING SUMTHING? hl2dm is something totally different from ut2004. I know the deathmatch idea is realtively the same.. but wtf? lol

PEACE

Mike :cheers:
Sorry if it seemed random. It's just that they both contain very good deathmatch multiplayer modes, so I was just trying to use UT2004 as a base of comparison. If I said that HL2DM was missing something, you'd say, "Well, what do you want?" And I reply, "UT2004!"

well then quit your jabbering and go play ut2004! ahahah JEEBUS! lol i think its fine the way it is. :cheers:

PEACE

mike

Narcolepsy said:
Sorry if it seemed random. It's just that they both contain very good deathmatch multiplayer modes, so I was just trying to use UT2004 as a base of comparison. If I said that HL2DM was missing something, you'd say, "Well, what do you want?" And I reply, "UT2004!"

So? Play UT2004...
Yeah, I'll play HL2Dm, but hey it's not UT2k4!!!one!!
NO SHIT SHERLOCK!

Playing HL2DM made me feel the same way as 10 years ago when I played doom deathmatch on LAN for the first time. I had a permanent smile on my face, occasionally bursting into laughter and thinking "haha, this is unbelievable!". Exploding barrels are the best! :thumbs:

Whats theire not 2 love (exept the fps. and on some servers the ms when more then 2 players join:p)
i mean just the physic gun ow god owww god its its...... ow valve i love you guys :E

bliink said:
a great tactic against tactics such as a the 357-noob or the gravity gun weilding badger is to jam on the sprint and strafe around in circles around your target, they're stuck and you spray mp7 rounds into their head
i agree, its quite easy to use sprinting to avoid the .357 or a thrown object. for being the first release im suprised at the balance to the game. i know its not perfect but just about every strategy has a counter-strategy.

You should see me now I've figured out bunnyhop without sprint :E

Also, there are so many tactics involved in this game, I love it :)

Also, all my old team-say binds work, so TDM takes a different edge with buddies :)

team death match with a few friends is amazing. when its not just random shooting the tactics are rediculously fun.

I like HL2DM because:

1. Gravity gun
2. Gravity fun
3. Toilets
4. Goofy ambience when whipping peoples asses you got back in HLDM :D
5. I ran into a Half life 2 RP server. I like RP, but I must admit, it does sound goofy for HL2DM, but really, it's ****ing awsome.

1. i can kill u with a paint can to the groin and it looks like you stained yourself
2. gravity gun
3. crazy moments where i just have to laugh at how i died (unlike CS:S where every death makes me wanna cry)
4. funny rag doll deaths that arent overly ragdolled (if that makes sense)

lol , i like hl2dm cos its more fun then cs:s its not so serious

Same here. Love hl2dm its perfect simple as that. To fun.

ComradeBadger said:
You should see me now I've figured out bunnyhop without sprint :E

Also, there are so many tactics involved in this game, I love it :)

Also, all my old team-say binds work, so TDM takes a different edge with buddies :)
;(

goddamn you badger!

Back