Wierd thing with steam offline

Dragoro

Reaction score
For some reason Im having serious issues with trying to play on steam offline. Last night, I was logged on to the net and steam. I disconnected from the net and was able to still play half life. I got the random computer crash, and the computer restarted. When I tried to log onto steam offline, it gave me the cannot connect to the internet message and closed up steam. I tried this like 10 times before I finally gave up and called it a night. Yes, I have my name and password saved in steam and set to automatically log on, so I dont know what the problem is. Any suggestions?

I have the same problem. I can't play anything on steam without being on the internet.

Hmm, I changed my password, then logged out and back into steam. Then I tried again to disconnect from the internet, and then restarted steam and was able to log onto steam offline. Wierd.

Err I was wrong. Im able to log in offline now, but when I try and play half life, it tells me I must be online to play. Anyone have any solutions?

Try to connect to any web page with your web browser first, then try steam. Some Windows configurations will report that there is no internet connection until you use a web browser (or email) to connect to the internet first.

Back