Will Aftermath cost anything to steam users?

J

ja_moro

I have the half-life2 silver package, and am woundering if i will have to pay for it when it comes out? or will it be a free add on

You will have to pay for Aftermath even if you already own Half-Life 2. I'm guessing it will also require Half-Life 2 to play (not really a new concept with expansions though ;)). Lost Coast is free for owners of Half-Life 2.

Aftermath is a new expansion pack, and yes you will have to pay for it as will everybody. Except possibly Gabe's dad.

ja_moro said:
I have the half-life2 silver package, and am woundering if i will have to pay for it when it comes out? or will it be a free add on
No actually. Valve will pay YOU to play it.

MiccyNarc said:

[SARCASM]They had better, it'll take a lot to tear me from halo 2[/SARCASM]

MiccyNarc said:
Yes they will probably pay you $-30USD/Per Purchase.

Minerel said:
Yes they will probably pay you $-30USD/Per Purchase.

lol hmm sounds good to me i mean it says pay u lol no im jk

I bought Half Life years ago. I spend my hard earned money to upgrade my computer and I come to these forums everyday. And I know 2 other people who have Steam installed on their computar! I deserve to get Aftermath for FREE!

gee gee

alehm said:
I bought Half Life years ago. I spend my hard earned money to upgrade my computer and I come to these forums everyday. And I know 2 other people who have Steam installed on their computar! I deserve to get Aftermath for FREE!

gee gee
Yes, i would like some potatoes

OvA said:
[SARCASM]They had better, it'll take a lot to tear me from halo 2[/SARCASM]

If you can't break yourself away from repetative MP to play a well put together single player campaign you should seek some psychological help.

This board seriously needs a "READ ME FIRST F.A.Q" announcement.

I'm sick of seeing these questions:

1. Will Aftermath or Lost Coast cost anything?
2. Will Aftermath be in stores?
3. Does Alyx survive?
4. Who do you play as?
5. Will there be HDR integrated?

And the sad part is you can't blame the OP because there isn't a clear place with all the info listed.

DoctorWeeTodd said:
This board seriously needs a "READ ME FIRST F.A.Q" announcement.

I'm sick of seeing these questions:

1. Will Aftermath or Lost Coast cost anything?
2. Will Aftermath be in stores?
3. Does Alyx survive?
4. Who do you play as?
5. Will there be HDR integrated?

And the sad part is you can't blame the OP because there isn't a clear place with all the info listed.

thats excactly what valve wants ppl to do discuss it to death intil waiting after so many months to play it. valve dose not want to give any info out i mean that would just ruin it

giant384 said:
thats excactly what valve wants ppl to do discuss it to death intil waiting after so many months to play it. valve dose not want to give any info out i mean that would just ruin it

Questions like 'will HDR be integrated' and 'will I have to pay for aftermath' don't really merit discussion.

Back