Memory 512MB
Operating System Microsoft Windows XP
Free Disk Space 114.96GB
Display Card Memory 64MB
Display Driver Version 6.14.10.194
DirectX Version 9.0b
Optical Drive CD/DVD
Sound Card Realtek AC97 Audio

i scanned my comp at http://gameadvisor.futuremark.com/gameadvisor/service/my_system.jsp
and it compares it to the game (HL2) and it says my computer will run on half life 2

but i read a few forums and i heard stuff about my graphics card VIA/S3G KM400 , it told it would work but im not sure can someone tell me if the VIA/S3G KM400 graphics card will run with half life 2

I managed to get my laptop's mobile radion 9000 igp to play hl2 but it was barly playable. lol

Maybe on DX7 mode? Why not just purchase a video card? Or is this a Dell/Compaq/Brand name factory computer with almost no real expansion slots?

its a compaq but the game advisor said it would run on my comp soo..... idk

Jordan1289 said:
its a compaq but the game advisor said it would run on my comp soo..... idk
Its highly unlikely it will run, and if it does it will be appauling to play. You will most doubtably have to buy a new card. Fingers crossed you have an AGP slot and you can get a card which will play it, for a neat sum, easily less than £100

edit: as Epsi said get the demo first, and decide from there if its ok, or playable at all.

boystupid said:
I managed to get my laptop's mobile radion 9000 igp to play hl2 but it was barly playable. lol

well i kinda meant like the offbrand besides nvidia and ati cards

what are the prices of a card that will run Half life 2, canadian currency?

Back