Will i be able to play Far Cry, Half Life, Vampire Bloodlines etc.... with my system?

K

Katre

I have...

Intel Pentium 4 CPU 2.80 ghz
512 mb RAM
Ati Radeon 9600
Approx. Total Memory 128.0 MB

How about the performance? I've heard radeon 9600 isn't good for games like Half Life 2 or Far Cry. All i'm looking for is the enjoyable experience if i'm going to spend that much money for those games.

Thanks in advance!

That's a nice beefy system you have there.

Should be able to have a very enjoyable experience with that machine.

if its for HL1 then of course your system will run it and where did u here that the 9600 was bad for hl2 thats a good card

giant384 said:
if its for HL1 then of course your system will run it and where did u here that the 9600 was bad for hl2 thats a good card

I mean Half-Life 2 of course.

And about radeon 9600, just the general view that has come across to me, but i wasn't sure, so that's why i'm asking you guys.:)

The best thing todo is get benchmarks on the game.

I belive if you search the news article on this site it has some links to some informative articles.

Nice system. Only thing you might want to do would be doubling your RAM. I hear Bloodlines for example is quite a RAM eater - and besides it never really hurts and is mostly a relatively cheap upgrade.

What would be the first step to make, if i wanted to get the better performance out of Half-Life 2 on my computer? Deus Ex IW runs very choppily on my system, so i'd like to upgrade first before buying Half-Life 2. Would it help, if i went for radeon 9800 pro, how much difference would that make?

Oh and about the ram upgrade. Since i'm not the expert on this topic, how do i know, how much i can upgrade my ram, what my system can take.

Depends on how many slots the motherboard has.

Practically all newish boards can ake 1 gig of ram.

Back