Will my PC run GRAW?

Garfield_

Reaction score
The Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter PC Demo is released this week, I start to worry if my PC will be able to run it, hopefully at 1024x768, High and 2xAA atleast on 40fps or so. My specs are AMD 3200+, 1GB DDR and X800XL :(

Any ideas?

Lucky me I have FX60 + 7800GTX two of them in SLI and 2GB of the fastest memory in the market OCZ 4000

and yeah, my system can take any game until the release of Vista DX10

Gorgon said:
Lucky me I have FX60 + 7800GTX two of them in SLI and 2GB of the fastest memory in the market OCZ 4000

yeah good for you :sleep: doesnt answer garf's question though, it should run fine for you i say garf, those seetings seem about right.

Gorgon said:

Someone's suffering from braglitis!:LOL:
And you could say I'm suffering from jealousitis in defense but seeing as I play mostly abandonware games anyway(99.9% of all modern games suck these days if you compare'em to early-mid 90s counterparts imo) and I'm all set for a DX10/Vista-based comp I really don't have any reason to be jealous.:p
I do however suffer from anoyitis..
Because as Jimbo said, you didn't really answer his question, all you did was BRAG, you can't change that :)
But bragging is okay I guess, it's important to feel good about oneself, but no matter how okay it is it's still annoying sometimes :p

Anyway, Garfield, your comp should do pretty fine imo, not maxed settings but definitely atleast medium-high with a stable and nice FPS imo, that's what I'm guessing tho, we can't know for sure til the demo's out..

Gargantou said:
But bragging is okay I guess, it's important to feel good about oneself, but no matter how okay it is it's still annoying sometimes :p

haha :LOL: well good point, w0ot!!!

edit: yes m8, your system can run the game but with some options disabled such as viewSync or maybe HDR...

No, your computer that features medium-high specifications will obviously not be able to run a game that can be scaled to a wide margin. Not at all.

Just think before posting, please.

Gargantou said:
Someone's suffering from braglitis!:LOL:
And you could say I'm suffering from jealousitis in defense but seeing as I play mostly abandonware games anyway(99.9% of all modern games suck these days if you compare'em to early-mid 90s counterparts imo) and I'm all set for a DX10/Vista-based comp I really don't have any reason to be jealous.:p
I do however suffer from anoyitis..
Because as Jimbo said, you didn't really answer his question, all you did was BRAG, you can't change that :)

Anyway, Garfield, your comp should do pretty fine imo, not maxed settings but definitely atleast medium-high with a stable and nice FPS imo, that's what I'm guessing tho, we can't know for sure til the demo's out..

Well atleast it brought my hopes up again :)
Braging is for sure annoying, well atleast aslong as you're the one with the weakest equipment or the ugliest car. But if you had a PC better than Gargantou's it would feel so damn great if he was braging about his while your's is better :D

and hdr only works on ati's x1300 and higher (x1000 series)

Depends on the HDR in question, I can do HL2s HDR on my 9800Pro :p
Has Ubisoft perhaps stated that x1300s and higher are required to use HDR in GR3? I haven't followed the news alot..

Gargantou said:
Depends on the HDR in question, I can do HL2s HDR on my 9800Pro :p
Has Ubisoft perhaps stated that x1300s and higher are required to use HDR in GR3? I haven't followed the news alot..
As far as I know the HDR in GR:AW is SM 2.0 based, just like in HL2. THis may not be entirely true, but from everything I've seen it seems to be the case. And even if it's not true HDR in SM 2.0 it will at least be somewhat implemented so that you still get the same general effect.

Garfield_ said:
The Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter PC Demo is released this week, I start to worry if my PC will be able to run it, hopefully at 1024x768, High and 2xAA atleast on 40fps or so. My specs are AMD 3200+, 1GB DDR and X800XL :(

Any ideas?
My specs are close to yours and we'll probably be running at medium to high settings, but the game is really taking advantage of the top of the line cards right now. On medium settings, with a few on high, you should be able to get a decent framerate (at least 30 fps) at that resolution. Don;t expect to be able to crank the settings all the way though.

30 FPS is'nt very playable or entertaining, especially not while playing CO-OP. :/

Garfield_ said:
30 FPS is'nt very playable or entertaining, especially not while playing CO-OP. :/
I'm betting Co-op will have slightly different requirements, it'll be toned down a little bit to compensate I'm thinking. This may or may not be true, but it would make sense.

30 FPS is playable enough if you're not too picky

Garfield_ said:

My eyes may be old but everything from 30 fps and up is fine with me. As long as it's stable.

"I have 5 7800gtx and 40gigs of RAM on an AMD 64+++++++ Intelbit processor. Will my computer run Solitaire?"

shadow6899 said:
imma say yea.... i can prolly run it and im on a 2600+ xp gig of ram and a 128 9800pro.
GIVE ME BACK MY COMPUTER :frown:

Back