Will My PC Run It (F.E.A.R)

A

AlenSi

I really want to get F.E.A.R but not sure if my pc will run it.Can someone give me advice i have a:

3800+ AMD Athlon 64 Processor
1.1 gb Ram
200gig Hardrive
NVIDIA GeForce 6150LE (i know pretty bad)
Windows XP Media Center 2005 PC

I know offtopic but i love this forum and people here give good advice and seem to know what their talking about

It will run, but definitely download the demo first to see how you like it. Also, how the heck does one get 1.1 GB RAM? Do you have 1152 MB RAM or what?

The video card isn't great, but it's adequate for the game. You won't be able to enjoy the super-duper features like soft shadows, but it should run solidly on medium settings.

I got the comp with 1 gig but i had an extra 128 laying around so i just added it
but is everything else but the video card good for running full res

Full res? Windows Media Center?... You really have no clue about computers do you?

not when it comes to games on comp no but can i run it on best quality if i got a better video card

Mr.Magnetichead said:
Full res? Windows Media Center?... You really have no clue about computers do you?
You really aren't helping at all, are you?

It would stand to reason that he doesn't know much about computers if he made a thread like this, wouldn't it?

Could Somebody just answer my question could i run the game full detail with my current specs and a new graphics card.

AlenSi said:
Could Somebody just answer my question could i run the game full detail with my current specs and a new graphics card.

Easily, if I can run it on

Athlon XP 1800+
640MB Ram
GeForce 5700LE

I think you`ll be OK

Yeah that graphics card is iffy, here's my system specs and I run it on low:
Athlon XP 2500+, 1.83 ghz
768 mb ram
GeForce FX 5900 128 mb

Your PC should run F.E.A.R at low.

Can anyone even run it at full or am i the only one?

I got it running smoothly on a FX5200, other specs were 512 RAM, AMD 1.8 CPU. You just need to know what settings to tweak, not just turning all the settings to low. DX 8 filtering does wonders. The game even looked ok. Nothing fancy, but it was smooth and playable, it just didn't look "revolutionary" in the graphics department.

Shasta said:
I got it running smoothly on a FX5200, other specs were 512 RAM, AMD 1.8 CPU. You just need to know what settings to tweak, not just turning all the settings to low. DX 8 filtering does wonders. The game even looked ok. Nothing fancy, but it was smooth and playable, it just didn't look "revolutionary" in the graphics department.
Shattered

AlenSi said:
You don't listen good do you
We don;t know if you will be able to run it all high - we're not omnipotent but at an informed guess I would say NO, your graphics card is not good enough so high medium detail is a go
Download the Demo and find out for yourself

Shasta said:
Ok.....pretend for a minute I can't read minds. What kind of a reply is "shattered"?

Obviously he means his dreams are shattered because someone has to run FEAR using a DX8 filter.

Yes......obviously.......

........ *cough*.........

Then again, why am I trying to understand a random one-word reply from someone that can't even spell their own country correctly?

It's AUSTRALIA. I noticed you even edited your location recently to add "Tasmania" and "earth", but still didn't notice "Austalia".

Sparda said:
Your PC should run F.E.A.R at low.

Can anyone even run it at full or am i the only one?

I ran FEAR on FULL settings with my FX55/7800GTX/1gig2.2.2.5

I can run it whit everything maximun

but get like 3 fps

Back