Will We Get A Movie Based On The CALL OF DUTY Games?

Kakashi

Spy
Reaction score
Kevin McKidd, who voices Captain "Soap" MacTavish in the CALL OF DUTY: MODERN WARFARE games, says The Powers That Be are contemplating a movie built around the super-cool CoD franchise.

"They were looking for a rough, Scottish actor in Hollywood they probably couldn't get Gerard Butler, so they got the No. 2 Gerard Butler, me. I had no idea it would be so huge, and now there are talks of a feature film," he revealed to PopWrap. Then came the kicker, when asked if he would be bringing Soap to life in the movie, he said, "if the script is good, and Gerard isn't available [laughs], then absolutely."

LINK

So "Soap" himself might star in a Call of Duty movie, I could probably see this working out.

I knew it was the guy from the Rome series! I kept telling my friend that and he didn't believe me

rome_movie_call_of_duty.jpg

I love his voice, so distinct!

A Rough Scottish Actor? Just use the real thing...

Just use Eddie Stone as Soap McTavish

EddieStone.jpg

Johnny Mac as Cpt Price

0.jpg

As a lark, I once wrote a screenplay for Call of Duty 4 that clocked in at 108 pages/minutes. The story has potential, in my opinion. It won't win Oscars, but it can be better than the other video game films made so far.

As a lark, I once wrote a screenplay for Call of Duty 4 that clocked in at 108 pages/minutes. The story has potential, in my opinion. It won't win Oscars, but it can be better than the other video game films made so far.

REALLY.

Let's be honest, he could wipe his ass with a piece of paper and call it a screenplay, and it whould still be better then most videogame films made so far

Yeah, man. I'm not sayin' it's high art, but I'm proud of it. I changed some stuff around; made Price the hero over Soap since Soap had ZERO personality. Here it is.

Attachments

• COD4a.pdf
    93.9 KB · Views: 260
  • COD4b.pdf
    92.9 KB · Views: 240
Making a movie about a video game that tries to be cinematic/move-like seems pointless.

I knew it was the guy from the Rome series! I kept telling my friend that and he didn't believe me

rome_movie_call_of_duty.jpg

I love his voice, so distinct!

I had no ****ing idea that was him. WTF I love Kevin McKidd, how could I not have noticed? If he is in this movie, I will see it.

Of course, thats no indication of whether or not it will be a good movie. I watched The Punisher 2 because im a fan of Ray Stevenson (Titus Pullo in Rome) and that was one of the worst movies I have ever seen in my life.

Heard they trademarked the name for films a month or so ago. BIG SCREEN ACTION FLICKS HERE WE COME.

Yeah, man. I'm not sayin' it's high art, but I'm proud of it. I changed some stuff around; made Price the hero over Soap since Soap had ZERO personality. Here it is.
Are you a screenwriter? I'm taking a screenwriting class right now, so it's nice to see someone else interested in writing film scripts, though I'll probably expand to writing scripts for video games in the future.

I like it!

Well thank you! I posted it merely to show up Samon.

Captain M4d said:
Are you a screenwriter? I'm taking a screenwriting class right now, so it's nice to see someone else interested in writing film scripts, though I'll probably expand to writing scripts for video games in the future.

I am a creative writing major at USC. This was strictly 'for fun', although now that there's talk of a movie maybe I should give Infinity Ward a call. :smoking: I find I prefer novel-writing for a very simple reason: books don't have a budget.

I am a creative writing major at USC. This was strictly 'for fun', although now that there's talk of a movie maybe I should give Infinity Ward a call. :smoking: I find I prefer novel-writing for a very simple reason: books don't have a budget.

But they have deadlines.

Judging by your sig, Yorick, it seems like he does care on at least some occasions. It doesn't matter though. Someone was wrong on the Internet. I had to set this outrageous state of affairs to rights with all speed.

Well...books do have a budget--if you ever want to get paid. :LOL:

Back