• Yes

Votes: 56 75.7%
  • No

Votes: 18 24.3%

• Total voters

Locust

Spy
Reaction score
I want to get a quick tally on whether or not people will buy through steam. I sure know I am so I can play cs:source early. Plus I dont like VU. If maybe just post so.

dont think many ppl here like VU
i'd get it through steam if the prices were lower.
i'll wait for the boxed version.... waited a year + for HL2 i can wait some more at leat u get a nice box with it

No... I want the damn box and the damn instruction book!!!!!

But you will get Counter Strike Source like three weeks early!!!

I'm buying silver edition (steam)

I figure I will just buy the add-ons later after I get the bronze.

it is either yes or no. If you are undecided, dont vote

I'll be buying the Silver package through Steam tomorrow as soon as I get home. I can't wait to play! I just need to be able to get my 9800pro.

true that. I might get a job just to get an x800 pro

VU is going to get screwed I have a feeling. Maybe those greedy bastards will finally get what they deserve.

When will we be able to buy the steam packages? will it be at 12:00 tonight or some time tomorrow?

hell yes..
the gold has so many more more tit-bits that are cool

whats the valves back catalogue? is that that huge behind the scene book?

Retail. I don't think HL2 is worth 49.95 through steam. If I buy retail for the same price (possibly less), I don't have to look through PDF files and don't have to waste several CD-R's backing up HL2. Plus I'm not a big fan of needlessly increasing the profits of a corporation.

personally I dont like VUG, I want to repay Valve for their hard work, I want CSS, and its just a hassle to buy it, though i migh get one later as a keepsake....

I'm getting it through steam, the retailers here will probably get it in like 2 weeks after it comes out :p

Of course. If there's a chance that I can play it earlier than the retail copy, then I'm gonna buy it over Steam. I'll be getting the HL2 Gold Package tomorrow.

Getting Mine through Steam Also. I can upgrade to the Silver package for only $10 and I will be getting alot more game for the buck compared to the retail box.

I'm buying Steam and goin' for the Gold.

Half-Life 2 Hat! Half-Life 2 Hat!

ya i am, already canceled my ebgames preorder and about to buy the game tomorrow WOOO CANT WAIT SILVER PAKKAGE!

-merc

I'm going to wait for retail cuz I like the fact of having the cd. Also cuz my account got banned that had cz over steam purchase and I dont want to have to accounts afterwards. heh

Back