Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit disc.. to 64 bit?

Shamrock

Companion Cube
Reaction score
Our college bookstore got Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit in-stock for 15$, and I was wondering if it would be possible to get the 64 bit version instead of 32. The disc says 32, next to the serial says 32, and everything basically says 32 so it's not on the disc, but I know the key is interchangeable for the 64 bit version. Anyway, I'm wondering if it would be possible to maybe extract the disc to your computer, add the x64 install files, and then reburn it or just anything really.

I want to use 64 bit and not 32.

If you have bought a valid key you could download an iso of the 64bit, it'd hardly be piracy.

If you have bought a valid key you could download an iso of the 64bit, it'd hardly be piracy.

The thing is, I would go this route, however, most of the torrents I could find were already activated/hacked pirated copies. If I could just find the basic ISO, then it would be perfect for me, but I'm unable to.

Do you think I could email MS support and ask for a retail disk of 64 bit? I don't even know if they would offer me anything based on the fact that I purchased it at me bookstore. I just would love to have Windows 7 64-bit. :(

The thing is, I would go this route, however, most of the torrents I could find were already activated/hacked pirated copies. If I could just find the basic ISO, then it would be perfect for me, but I'm unable to.

Do you think I could email MS support and ask for a retail disk of 64 bit? I don't even know if they would offer me anything based on the fact that I purchased it at me bookstore. I just would love to have Windows 7 64-bit. :(

i can help you...i have versions of all Windows 7 and can make them into an ISO.

FYI they're legit just in case you were wondering

i can help you...i have versions of all Windows 7 and can make them into an ISO.

FYI they're legit just in case you were wondering

I actually was wondering if they were legit. Haha. However, I would love to have you make me an Ultimate 64-bit ISO if it's not much trouble.

If you don't mind me asking, how did you get all of the versions legally?

I know when i got a 32bit version of Vista (Business) I could not use the key with a 64bit copy because the key was for an OEM disc and not retail. Retail keys were interchangeable as the retail package came with both discs. I'm not sure if Windows 7 has the same deal though.

I know when i got a 32bit version of Vista (Business) I could not use the key with a 64bit copy because the key was for an OEM disc and not retail. Retail keys were interchangeable as the retail package came with both discs. I'm not sure if Windows 7 has the same deal though.

We shall find out shortly then. I'm getting the 64 bit, and I'll try my key with it. The disc isn't an OEM so it shouldn't be tied down to the whole 32/64 bit dilemma you had.

How long does it take to get the disks? Release was over two weeks ago.

Back