[WIP]DM_Tron and Help Needed!!!

pharamir

Reaction score
Ok i think what is lacking in most hl2dm maps including my own, is innovation. So in that respect I have decided to start a new map, named dm_tron.

Here is a screen shot of the idea. Essentially it will be a 4 room complex with inside and "outside" bits.

tron.jpg

I need some help with custom texturing, take this as either a call to co-map with me or just some help in general. I need to know how to make an alpha texture. As the stairways, internal buildings will all be made from alpha-ed walls.

Any help will greatly be appreciated

Alpha textures are used when you want to "cut out" part of a texture, such as the wire in a fence. I'm not sure exactly what you want to use alpha textures for, but they can be created in Photoshop (and most likely other programs, of which I am not familiar with). In order to create a proper texture with alpha channels your image must be saved as a 32-bit TGA file as other bit values do not support alpha channels (and the source engine asks for 32-bit TGA files for your textures if I'm not mistaken).

Hopefully this helps. =)

eh, not sure how you're breaking the mould of a lack of innovation -> Tron is a movie and a game...This map looks a lot like tron (the bike scene)...Looks good though but i wouldnt promote it with innovativeness (if by that you mean originality)

Back