Woman dies at 100, leaves 35.6 mil to charity

Deadline

Tank
Reaction score
Link http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15315697/

CORAL GABLES, Fla. - A 100-year-old woman who quietly amassed a vast fortune before her death last year left $35.6 million to local diabetes and cancer research.

Wow, I tell you what... I could never do what this lady did. She lived in fugality when she could have lived a lavish lifestyle. Amazing, if only everyone could be like this, the world would be a much better place. Just think about it.

Anyhow, I guess thats just not the way people work :/

Someone has to be rich and spend it for money to get anywhere. It is a fact of money. As there is a limited amount in the world it has to be constantly moving. That means that unfortunately... not everyone in the world WILL be like that...

Everyone saving up their money would ruin the economy. It would have an adverse effect.

Someone has to be rich and spend it for money to get anywhere. It is a fact of money. As there is a limited amount in the world it has to be constantly moving. That means that unfortunately... not everyone in the world WILL be like that...

Yeah I understand that, and I dont mean everyone has to be rich... or that will cause inflation and the "rich" will then be the poor... but what im saying is, what if all the rich people shared even a small percentage of their money.. like all those rappers getting 50 suvs with 30" spinners and stuff that they never drive around anyhow... you know what I mean?

And I mean rich people being generous and not wanting credit for everything they DO give.

Yeah I understand that, and I dont mean everyone has to be rich... or that will cause inflation and the "rich" will then be the poor... but what im saying is, what if all the rich people shared even a small percentage of their money.. like all those rappers getting 50 suvs with 30" spinners and stuff that they never drive around anyhow... you know what I mean?

That, mon ami, is the begginings of a virus called bolshevism. That was the thought that created the soviet empire as well as china, cuba, ect.

Admirable, anyhow.

She would have lived through the Depression, alot of people still kept the 'hoarding' habits and the culture - is easy to see her slowly amassing wealth but not being able to spend it... But that sort of thinking could only go so far.

But its good to go to Diabetes and Cancer research. Although i can't help my Dad, could help my childern if they ever get diabetes.

I hope that lady is remembered for the good deed she did

lspointsvs7.png

No? :thumbs:

Ah now they can afford to look for the cure for diabetes and save the woman's lif... erm wait. hmm...

Holy damn I just bought a second hand version of kotor 1 a minute ago (literally one minute!!!) :|

Lol cool! It's a great game. But that is Kotor 2. I am just playing it through again, but diversifying(sp?) my character a bit, to make it a little harder. Have fun :p

I know it's Kotor 2, I have both games and I love them to death (most enjoyable best games I've ever played). But I recently tried to install Kotor 1 again but it gave me a data error, turns out my playdisk is damaged or whatever (cd surface is perfectly fine), so I just got myself a new one. I plan to go through both again once I get my new pc :) I played them both on light side, this round it's meanie time!:devil:

If everyone did that the economy would stagnate and we would go into a global recession. Spending makes the world go round.

Everyone investing their money in businesses would have a great effect. Everyone stashing their money in a hole in their backyard would have a terrible effect.

good thing i dont spend money, now i know im stagnating the economy

good thing i dont spend money, now i know im stagnating the economy

Oh good job, well when the World Economy has the West Nile Virus because you went and stagnated it so it would breed Economical Mosquitoes, we will know it was you! you bastard...

Back