wont beleiv me but.......

trippywippy

Reaction score
I have no evidence

but i live in England and i was at my local game shop and i know one of the guys who works there. was lookin through the pre-order catoloug and saw HL2 for november 3rd. asked him of this was real and he sed its confimed by valve. he then went on to say that its in the warehouse alredy (didnt beleiv him) then he sed that it could be releasedd soon depending on how preloading goes (and files being hacked etc....) so hey could get a call from sum1 and say sell it now, just to stop the leaking.

sorryi cant get and evidence, just thought it might intrest u

Liess!!!!!!!! :frown:

Retailers usually don't have better info on this...

you're right, we probably won't believe you

edit: argh! so fast!

Is going gold whe nits ready and released or when a rc is sent to the publisher?

Maybe Valve knows it's so bad with release dates that it will not even annouce the gold. They'll just wait till HL2 hits stores without telling us, in fear of making another date.

trippywippy said:
I have no evidence

but i live in England and i was at my local game shop and i know one of the guys who works there. was lookin through the pre-order catoloug and saw HL2 for november 3rd. asked him of this was real and he sed its confimed by valve. he then went on to say that its in the warehouse alredy (didnt beleiv him) then he sed that it could be releasedd soon depending on how preloading goes (and files being hacked etc....) so hey could get a call from sum1 and say sell it now, just to stop the leaking.

And I am Santa Claus! Ho Ho Ho!

:rolleyes:

Ive been told I have no sence of humor and to proove that wrong ...

I find this thread and its creator absolutely HILLARIOUS yes this is quite possibly the funniest thing ive ever read.

No im lying. this thread is pointless crap and well ... ive still not got a sence of humor

HeAdAcHe_BR said:
And I am Santa Claus! Ho Ho Ho!

:rolleyes:

OMG SANTA WOOHOO, I'm pm'ing you my christmas list now!! You can never get it in too early.

Back when the date for HL2 was Sept 30th EB games was saying it wasnt coming out till next year (this year/2004) and looks like they were right....

why trust a retailers dates when valve themselves can't even get the dates right?

Store clerks know less than we do. It's already in the warehouses yet it's more than a month away? Yeah, sure thing, pal. HL2 will be out of the warehouse as soon as it gets in.

HAHAHAHA that guy is on crack, i bet lol. its in his warehouse when its about 2-3 months away? they are still making the game, what a dumbass.

where exactly do the retailers get the release info? I mean, ive heard over 20 different ones, but we never hear anything from VALVe, do they get estimated dates, or are they just making it up from the progress of the game?

It's in the warehouse already but they are going to wait 3 months before they release it? Clever. Even if they were waiting to see how the preloading goes, why the hell did they make copies of it? If there was a problem, they'd just have to be recalled.

nw909 said:
My pizza man said it was coming out 3 days ago, bastard.

Hopefully you didn't fall for the ploy and give a larger tip. :)

ManHacks said:
where exactly do the retailers get the release info? I mean, ive heard over 20 different ones, but we never hear anything from VALVe, do they get estimated dates, or are they just making it up from the progress of the game?

My gf works in the music store here in the netherlands (yes they sell games there 2, whit an discount for me :D ), they get there release dates from there supplier and the suplier gets it from the publisher. But I don't believe in release dates, when it goes gold I will ask for the date again to pick it up.

lazicsavo said:
He was just pulling your chain, those store clerks know nothing.

Majority of Store clerks are known to just play console games, they don't give a rats-arse about PC games

lans said:
1st november seems realistic too.
why would it if they are pre-loading on the 17th? they wouldn't leave content on our PCs for that long! they would only do it if the game was coming very soon! it's coming out next month... bet me :|

trippywippy said:
I have no evidence

omg lolz?++++

i think i know how retailers get their dates. if you go into their HQ, there is a big dart board... ;)

It would not be a good business practice to have cases and cases of a product just sitting around in a warehouse. If they were in the game stores warehouse, that means they have already purchased them. They would need to start selling them right away to recover the purchase price and start to make a profit. The longer the prduct was just sitting in the warehouse, the worse their books would look (financially speaking).

It was August 1ist 2004 DOOM 3 GOLD. Calling EB games to ask when DOOM 3 will be in the stores, lady picks up the phone.

ME: Hello

Her: Yes?

ME: When is DOOM 3 coming out?

Her: October 1is 2004

ME: Hangs up (**** you)

People are so stupid sometimes lol

Back