Working CSS Hammer is still Illegal.

mayro

Reaction score
Yes.. Yes.. Their is a working version of the hammer out now *god bless him* but for those of you wondering. It is still the illegal hammer, just recompiled and set up so that a newb can use it. More than likely it will be the final version that valve releases as it does do everything "that valve has told us" that the hammer can do.

Hostage maps - Working
De maps - Working

I think the only problem with it is trying to get the sky to light the charecters *black models* but their is ways of fixing it.

So to awnser any question before it comes up....

No its not legal to use.

Valve doesnt want people useing it.

Yes, their will be virus versions on the net so if you dont know where its at on a MAIN SITE dont go download happy.

Umm... Anyquestion reguarding makeing maps for CSS can be directed toward the CSS mapping form over at *************.

Edit: Didnt know we couldnt list that site....

and why did you just tell us all this?

You know you'll get banned?

Also the site is not listed for the reasons you just mentioned, I'm afraid. Us who don't want anything to do with the illegal versions don't want them thrown at us... If that makes any sense.

Actually... I asked badger about the content of my post before i posted that post. It was just letting people know NOT to download it becuase it isnt the final version and its still illegal. I mean comeon... If i was endorseing it i would type it in a way that would go over the filter so people could go get it.

I dont becuase A: Its not the final B:Valve doesnt Endorse it.

ok, so you're letting people know that its bad to download it, but you're also telling them where to go to get help with it in the event that they do get it? weirdo. luckily for you its censored out.

It wasent a weblink... its a link to a form that even gabe newell has posted on.

a 'forum' is on the web, and thus a link to it would be a weblink. your post is still contradictory. illegal hammer = bad, but heres a place to get help with it. i dont understand why someone would do that. but then again i don't understand many people on the internet.

mayro is just lol

we know u downloaded it and we know ur using it so why the **** are u preaching to people its illegal and not to use it. Trying to pass info on the sly without getting banned?

ban him for his stupidity!

I say that the admins here stop acting like they don't download illegal material and let us talk about it.
We all know that there most likely isn't a person with a computer that doesn't have illegal music on their computer.
Now, stop saying how illegal it is.
However, I shouldn't say everyone has illegal music on their computer; I don't even listen to music.
It really shows that most the people that are acting like it is a wrong act(which it is) most likely has never touched the hammer editor, so they wouldn't know how to use it anyway if they had it.
There is only a small percentage of people that really need the illegal copy so they can start doing their mods. I wouldn't disagree with them at all. Beep, they alreay have another game out with the same engine. Why can't valve give the hammer editor to the people that need it so more people will buy HL2 when it comes out for the mods.

oh, I haven't downloaded ANYTHING for HL2 because I just don't have time. College and work is all I have time for. I don't think I will even have time to play the game until winter break.

ok sorry for that post then Mayro. Yeah it's still illegal, but I hope VALVe release it with HL2. Can you say "Custom model"? :)

JackinHL2Off-GTA said:
I say that the admins here stop acting like they don't download illegal material and let us talk about it.
I say that you go and start your own site with your own rules.
We all know that there most likely isn't a person with a computer that doesn't have illegal music on their computer.
Well, that obviously justifies it...
Now, stop saying how illegal it is.
Nope.
However, I shouldn't say everyone has illegal music on their computer; I don't even listen to music.
It really shows that most the people that are acting like it is a wrong act(which it is) most likely has never touched the hammer editor, so they wouldn't know how to use it anyway if they had it.
Sorry, couldn't parse this at all.
There is only a small percentage of people that really need the illegal copy so they can start doing their mods. I wouldn't disagree with them at all.
No, they don't need it at all. The tools without the engine are pointless. The whole point to a modification is that you're modifying a game. The game isn't even out yet.
Beep, they alreay have another game out with the same engine. Why can't valve give the hammer editor to the people that need it so more people will buy HL2 when it comes out for the mods.
Wait 2 weeks. It's not that long.

these threads annoy me. everybody talking as if they are moses giving valve's ten commandments.
THOU SHALT NOT USE THE LEAKED HAMMER
or else they will go to hl2 hell.

please, we arent as foolish as christians. well, im not at least.

No-one is attempting to stop anyone from using it. You're just absolutely not going to discuss it on this site.

ukfluke said:
we know u downloaded it and we know ur using it so why the **** are u preaching to people its illegal and not to use it. Trying to pass info on the sly without getting banned?
Hes just following the rules of the forum.
Pi Mu Rho said:
No, they don't need it at all. The tools without the engine are pointless. The whole point to a modification is that you're modifying a game. The game isn't even out yet.
Theres plenty of point. Its impossible to produce a final product, but with Hammer there is still plenty of work that can be done. A lot of these guys want to be the first out the door.

I dont know whos really worried about scary viruses (boo!), but hey, VALVE is boss.

What is the "Hammer"? If I got it right it's the new editor?

Theres plenty of point. Its impossible to produce a final product, but with Hammer there is still plenty of work that can be done. A lot of these guys want to be the first out the door.

You try producing maps without being able to test them.

Prone:

The hammer is a tool to drive nails into a wall ;)

Back