Worst Martial Arts Movies?

Skaadi

Tank
Reaction score
I was up late last night watching tv (as usual) and this movie came on i hadnt seen in a long time. Has anyone ever seen those Mortal Combat movies? Anyway, last night they were playing the second one which was called Mortal Combat Annihlation. I'd forgotten just how bad it was. The costumes were bad, sets were cheap, and the acting was some of the worst I've ever seen in a movie (its right up there next to Plan 9 From Outer Space). However the fights.....well....they werent all that bad, if very cheesy though. And the ninjas that werent wearing shirts creeped me out for some reason.
I can remember really liking those two movies as a kid ;( , seems to get worse as I get older. The first movie was almost as bad but somehow a lot more enjoyable.

So anyway, lets name some more ones that are of equal or worse quality.

lord of the wu tang

horribly made
the sub titles go off the screen
conversations that are about 1 mins long flash by in sub titles in less than 3 seconds

the only thing that i really think i understood is your wu tang power is gained by how big your penis is when you wake up

I, in fact, own the worst martial arts movie of all time. It's called "Fantasy Mission Force." It is the biggest piece of crap the kung-fu world has ever seen. It makes other crappy, low-budget Hong Kong pieces of trash look like Citizen Kane.

It has no plot whatsoever. It is dubbed over in voices that make you want to claw out your eardrums. They steal footage from American movies, including stills of Rambo. They go from fighting (racist depictions of) Japanese soldiers in a WWII era to big-breasted blonde Amazons with swords with no explanation whatsoever. Did I mention the lack of plot?

And, on top of all that, the fight scenes suck and make no sense. I mean, it's a Hong Kong action film, and the fight scenes suck! Why on earth would you want to watch it?

It's so bad, it makes Mortal Kombat: Annihilation look like Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon. I'm not kidding.

lol. Mortal Kombat was bad. Have you ever seen Street Fighter with Van Damme?

There were a lot of martial arts movies that I watched when I was very young that were really goofy. Michael Dudikoff comes to mind. :LOL:

i love to watch these movies because of how bad they are. Anyone see Kung Pow: Enter the Fist? I laughed so hard with this movie.

satch919 said:
lol. Mortal Kombat was bad. Have you ever seen Street Fighter with Van Damme?

lol, was that the one that had Kylie Minogue in it as well? Because if it was then.........*shudders*

Skaadi said:
lol, was that the one that had Kylie Minogue in it as well? Because if it was then.........*shudders*

Wow, she was in Street Fighter!! :eek: I didn't know that until I looked it up right now on imdb.com. She played Cammy. :LOL: Yup, that's the movie I'm talking about.

Omg.....OMG, I just realised....they killed Ermac! ERMAC!!!!!!!! *sobs hysterically*

Street Fighter is a hilarious movie.

Cammy: Cammy here, are you all right?
Colonel William F. Guile: I'm okay. I'm just half dead.
Cammy: And Bison?
Colonel William F. Guile: All dead.

LOL

Worst Martial Arts movie: Kung Pow (although technically there was hardly any believable martial arts in it)

shaolin vs. ninja

actually very commical because it was made so shitty "pulls out crab stance"

MutantBeef said:
I thought Kung Pow was one of the funniest movies I'd ever seen. :p

Hell yes, that movie rocked my shit!

Chosen One: I'll take a pound of nuts.
Shop Keeper: That's a lot of nuts!

Student: [after getting his shirt ripped by Betty] Why, I oughtta...
Master Tang: No! He would kill you like a small dog. Let your anger be as a monkey in a pinata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick!

Chosen One: Master Tang I have traveled many miles to meet you.
Master Tang: How many miles? Would you say 10 million?

...Good stuff.

Back