Worth upgrading RAM?

Hunter_8472

Reaction score
I currently have 1gb of RAM, but I've been seeing quite a few reviews lately extolling the virtues of 2gb. Is it worth upgrading? Will there actually be a noticeable difference with upcoming games such as FEAR, Quake 4, etc.?

if u have the money spare go ahead! just dont upgrade if u have better things to spend it on :)

Well, to me, 2gig is a big help over 1 gig. Especially in memory hungry games like BF2 and FEAR.
If you got money to spare then i don't see why not :)

I was also considering getting a gig more ram. I've heard loading levels is alot quicker in games like bf2 (and many others), also you can probably run twice as many appz in the background while playing...I don't have the money at the momemt though:(

Fonaki said:
I was also considering getting a gig more ram. I've heard loading levels is alot quicker in games like bf2 (and many others), also you can probably run twice as many appz in the background while playing...I don't have the money at the momemt though:(

my levels load fast on my rig but i would say upgrade your gfx card if u can but its up to you

I'd say that an extra gig of ram would help, but i'm not sure if it would produce a big difference in games as yoru gfx card may be holding you back, even overclocked like it is, but i'm not too sure

Hmm... Thanks for the advice, I'll have to think about this, but I'll probably end up putting the cash towards a faster gfx card. If only the X1800s weren't so bloody expensive!

Back