Would u buy CS Source?

• hell yea

Votes: 77 60.2%
  • hell no

Votes: 51 39.8%

• Total voters

|Link|

Reaction score
If CS Source was sold seperatly from HL2 or not free would u buy it??

Maybe...maybe not. Gotta watch out because if Valve reads that we are all willing to pay for it they might make it a seperate package.

I can't stand CS, but CS:Source just lookds too damn sweet to pass up.
The shaky cam vids will never do it justice.

Buy? No. I'll wait for an official CS2 or else I'd just wait for the next Rainbow Six

If it came for free? Yes.

Only if it's in a bundle with DOD, Half-life and Opposing force...

otherwise, hell no :D

:hmph: There's got to be a way where you could port the Source engine to your original CS, but maybe not(most likely not). Free, yes. Pay, no. Oh yeah I forget, everything is free on bittorrent =)

I'll buy CS: Source, just as I bought CZ.. I didn't even think CZ would be worth the purchase, but I'm glad I bought it now :)

Ever since I saw the shakey cam of CS: Source, I was all "R0X0R LOLZ," I can't wait :thumbs:

will probably buy it just to add to the list. would like to get it free with a half life 2 pack of some kind. i guess we will all have to wait and see.

If they are going to sell it, they should bundle it with Day Of Defeat source and sell it as a budget item.

just because CS is so good, yeah i guess... but a lot of people wouldn't

it would be the catalyst to the end of valve if they charged for that stuff

dassbaba said:
just because CS is so good, yeah i guess... but a lot of people wouldn't

it would be the catalyst to the end of valve if they charged for that stuff

No, I'm sure 90% of the current die-hard CS fans with proper hardware would (will) purchase CS: Source. It's a far better purchase than CZ, seeing as how these graphical updates are something you'll never see in CS.

actualy I hope the people that have CS:CZ get it for free since alot of people that purchased CS:CZ arent satisfied....

I might buy it, but i'm buying the collectors edition of HL2 so I'm hoping that it will be included.

Depends if its pay only through steam or something nope..
otherwise a seperate cd hell yeah..
free..is good also

|Link| said:
actualy I hope the people that have CS:CZ get it for free since alot of people that purchased CS:CZ arent satisfied....

CZ 1.2 is coming out next week, giving even more perks to the CZ owners. I don't see a problem, CZ is starting to deliver as was originally promised.. plus, CZ was 2 single player games in one purchase. What's the problem?

I want a new game, I am tired of the same 'ol, same 'ol. Valve should pay their people to create new and original game ideas. I am not a big fan of transfering old game ideas on to a new graphics engine and then charging money for it.

me neither blahblahblah.
Im only gonna buy it if its a full package with all the other ported crap, and only if its around 20 euros.

[edit] and maybe not even then becuz i will be to busy playing Doom3, Hl2, TFC2, games that are worth the money :) [/edit]

I dont think I will buy it, I am poor as I have stated in previous threads and I can have enough fun with my CZ, but when that comes out I will be obssessed with HL2 and by the time I am done with that there will be plenty of diffrent HL2 mods to play.

IMO...the only reason CS does so well is because its free and the system requirements are very low. :eek:

Lethal8472 said:
IMO...the only reason CS does so well is because its free and the system requirements are very low. :eek:

The system requirements have turned to crap since it's been on Steam, lol
I can't even run Condition Zero at 1024x768x32 with 6xfsaa/16xaf anymore, gets annoying FPS drops

Although, interestingly enough, I don't get such performance issues in Vanilla CS

nope, I own Hl2 (prepaid, so technically) and I own HL1, and I own CS... Im not gonna pay for a simple combo, just doesnt make sense.

Shuzer said:
The system requirements have turned to crap since it's been on Steam, lol
I can't even run Condition Zero at 1024x768x32 with 6xfsaa/16xaf anymore, gets annoying FPS drops

Although, interestingly enough, I don't get such performance issues in Vanilla CS

what are your computer specs?

Well, yes of course. If it was seperate and a stand alone game we wouldn't have 11 year olds running around like the lil' cheating.......

might aswell, many tards bought CZ and all it is, is some different models and different textures. not awhole lot else, and the single player is just horrible. atleast you'd be buying better graphics not just different models.

If it's like Condition Zero and has singleplayer and all then I'll buy it. If it's just the ported multiplayer, hell no. I'm not paying out just so I can play the same game with some improved graphics :)

No. I'm a big cs fan. But I'm not gonna pay for a game I already own.

i play CS quite a bit, and i must say that CS:S looks almost as promising as HL2. I mean, after youve completed HL2 for the 4th time, but you still want some HL based action, what are you going to do? play CS:S thats what!

Pay for it? HELL NO! Unless its bundled with HL2 SE, otherwise I'm not gettting it.

No, ..............I just noticed this new section.

CS2?! i thought cs:source was CS2?! if theres cs2 announced i definetly ont buy cs:source! but it does look sweet... might change my mind on that.

I remember hearing that CS2 and CS source are two different things.

I would rather buy CS2 than CS source.

Since people would probably rather buy CS2, CS source will probably come free with HL2 or something.

Mr. Redundant said:
what are your computer specs?

Athlon XP 2500+ @ 2.24GHz, 1024MB PC2700 DDR SDRAM, Radeon 9700
Windows Server 2003.. tweaked Windows to exactly how I think it should run, I'm pretty anal about how perfect my entire system has to be in terms of settings :)

Survey says, it shouldn't stutter like it does. And, as I said, I ONLY get that CZ lag running CZ through Steam. It doesn't do that to CS on Steam, or CZ CD Steamless install.

I deffenetly would have bought CS: Source, IF they had multiplayer and decent bots, like Condition Zero.

dude i too have a rad 9700 and have nothing but problems when playing cs:cz fps drops from 85 to like 20. is unplayable. i have been looking for a solution for many moons also.

onto the buy cs:source will buy it when i've upgraded to a new pc ;)

|Link| said:

Jupp.

Or they could code CZ into the source graphics. I atleast hope that they will have bots in CS Source. Good bots aswell..

If.......

Well I'm gonna buy it if:

! It has all the cool features that are in CZ v1.2 (like hostages that try to get away and an indicator where you are and new player models).

! You can pickup nades like in the CZ v1.2 update (that's a really good thing)

! It costs less than €30.

! If you get all the other Ported games for free (included).

! If they have HL2 bots (fixed for CS offcourse)

I like CZ very much, especially with the new update (it's really worth it now). And if they can bring CZ to very good graphics I will buy it.

:sniper: -=|Lafie|=- :monkee:

Back