Would you guys play this?

LiquidCell

Reaction score
I want you guys to read this info and give me your opinions.

Closed Quarantine (Temporary mod name)
Team 1 : Tactical Squad
Team 2 : Infected

Basic Details: This is a Team Deathmatch based gameplay where players are allowed to pick the type of unit/infected they want -- instead of being randomly assigned. This event takes place 3 months after the infection.

Fundamental Changes:
- New weapons
- New Infected
- Added melee attacks (through different key strokes)
- Ironsight (option to turn crosshair off via server settings)
- Increased recoil (accuracy depending on player status)
- Tweaked firearms damage
- Tweaked infected damage
- Edited respawn timer
- Realistic player status (Bleeding, Blinding, Crippling, Deafening, Fear, Panic, Stunning, etc)
- Realistic sounds
- Modded abilities (Infected)
- Choices Choices Choices.

Quarantine squad will be able to choose their gears and personal traits. Gear choices; body armor types (light/med/heavy), melee weapons, pistols, smg's, assault rifles, snipers, explosives, flame throwers etc. While some examples of personal traits would be: speed, accuracy, strong melee, stealthy etc etc.

Infected players would be able to choose the class of the existing "boss" zombies along with new additions (i.e infected animals and more).
As Bill mentioned in the trailer, "They're changing." The infected entities have obviously mutated or evolved into malicious threats. Since this entire event takes place 3 months after the infection, I'm especially looking forward to evolved boss zombies (which have gone through further mutation; granting them more abilities while possibly taking away some). A small example would be the increased movement speed of hunters and their ability to climb anywhere on walls (even clinging onto a ceiling upside down).

Objectives: <- I really need your ideas for this one. The map types will vary depending on this.

For interested modders:
Before some interested modders start dropping their jaws at the sound of work that needs to be put in... If you think about it, most of the utilities already exist in CSS & TF2 and it's simple to extract them into the L4D universe instead of trying to create an entirely new model. We can re-skin them with original High Definition textures, replace it with fresh new sounds and re-code their damage & function.
Lame? That saves you hundreds and hundreds of hours of extra work. Not to mention, it actually gets the job done with good playability. I've seen too many mods in progress die out because it takes too long to make "A MOD EXCLUSIVE NEW UNIQUE" beretta handgun with nothing but gray/black/white pictures of unfinished models here and there... and people start losing interest fast (especially if it drags out for 5 years with no visible progress like certain HL2 mods i know...)
If you look at it my way, 40% of the work is already done for us.
Once we get the job done, we can replace it later with our own models through updates.

That's all :S. If you guys like it, I'm considering about assembling a mod team.

So it's pretty much a Left 4 Dead remake, but instead you have a tactical squad instead of regular civilians? I do like how you can do different choices for your gear though

I'd play it, sounds like fun if the infected get new abilities but the flame thrower might be OP hah!

If you could also make the witch and the horde (for the horde, I'd say an invisible "spectator" is controlled by the player and the horde will follow it) playable!

Nah. Simplicity is the key in FPS game design. Instead work on more levels. I could see myself getting bored replaying the same 4 'movies' over and over.

Not that I wouldn't play this if you made it. I just don't think all that tweaking is nessasary.

I said 'could' and 'see myself'

as in THE FUTURE and MAYBE

unless you're actually asking, in which case it's been out 10 days.

Just stay away from Desert Eagles and AK's. That shite gets old.

Back