wow this is deperessing

G

its official half-life has been "steamed" its NOT beta its what where all supposed to be enjoying our half-life based entertainment on as I am posting this... valve has for the first time... failed me

....... they launched an official patch/upgrade and its completely failing so far... il give em time and forgive em but this is pretty crappy man...

btw i still luv valve

There are Steam Cache installers available now (www.fileplanet.com notably) which supposedely has everything you need to get on CS/HL/TFC, dunno though, DLing as we speak.. I've been trying since 12PM today to get steam working

Funny part was I woke up at 6 to start reauthoring a DVD, was going to check on the Steam status, and my cable was out, just my luck =( Oh well

On another note, I think VALVe released Steam 2 weeks before it'll be required to take a load off the servers ahead of time, or so it would seem

Originally posted by Tredoslop
What are you guys talking about?
Steam works.

tell that to the billions godzillion people bitchting there asses off at poor ol valve ;(

Tredo, it's not working for everyone (and from what I can tell, that's alot of people)

3 friends and I have been trying all day to no avail, freezing after crashing after update for me, oh well, I'm still hopeful

Do this: Get the installer, at one point, they'll delete the old steam. Restart ur comp and bingo! it worked for me...
Oh wait, I was supposed to tell how you can get it to work. That worked for ME!

i wuv valve but honestly.... what the **** where they thinking?

Originally posted by nsxownzme
came out early this morning, give it more time.. jesus

beta was there "time" or at least what it was supposed to be

alb, I'd like to see YOU pull enough bandwith together to serve 10s of thousands of half-life fans downloading large files all at the same time :cheese:

Originally posted by Shuzer
alb, I'd like to see YOU pull enough bandwith together to serve 10s of thousands of half-life fans downloading large files all at the same time :cheese:

why the hell would I try to pull a stunt like that... sounds like something valve came up with well shooting meth into there wrists and singing country music...

Valve isn't hippies, they need those wrists for only two things, typing and..., well.

Originally posted by nw909
Valve isn't hippies, they need those wrists for only two things, typing and..., well.

haha, I think there were most definatley stoned when they thought of steam

Hippies don't know what they hate, all they know is that Toronto = legal weed.

Originally posted by alb1221
tell that to the billions godzillion people bitchting there asses off at poor ol valve ;(

Tell that to the tens of thousands of people that are playing CS 1.6 right now, without problems.

People bitch EVERY TIME there is a change to ANYTHING. And the amount of bitching is directly proportional to the amount of change. Anyone remember when bunny-hopping was eliminated? WAH WAH WAH

Originally posted by dscowboy
Tell that to the tens of thousands of people that are playing CS 1.6 right now, without problems.

People bitch EVERY TIME there is a change to ANYTHING. And the amount of bitching is directly proportional to the amount of change. Anyone remember when bunny-hopping was eliminated? WAH WAH WAH

there arent many people playing 1.6 right now... also this is beyond a minor change there raped the entire hl community away by releaseing an official update that is buggy enough to be an alpha

Yeah, I can't even get a damned game to start. What greater convienience does Steam have to offer over WON? Seems like more trouble than it's worth. Even the stupid Steam window takes too long to load.

there arent many people playing 1.6 right now... also this is beyond a minor change there raped the entire hl community away by releaseing an official update that is buggy enough to be an alpha

Alb how many posts do you need to get combine. You surprising chat ALOT. And only registered 2 months ago.

Originally posted by Three6Mafia
Alb how many posts do you need to get combine. You surprising chat ALOT. And only registered 2 months ago.

:dozey: to aggravated/sleepy to reply... I just want you to be banned again

can someone tell me when i go into cs it says "could not locate any games that match your filters" AND I DONT HAVE ANY FILTERS ON

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

:dozey: to aggravated/sleepy to reply... I just want you to be banned again

Uhhh... why you gotta hate. I didnt say nothing bad about you. I seriously asked how many. Cuz zombie is 50, hydra is 150 i think. And whats the list anyway.

Originally posted by Tek
can someone tell me when i go into cs it says "could not locate any games that match your filters" AND I DONT HAVE ANY FILTERS ON

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

doesent steam just ownz0r!?, mine just "prepares" to launch the game forever... what a heap of shit

Originally posted by Three6Mafia
Uhhh... why you gotta hate. I didnt say nothing bad about you. I seriously asked how many. Cuz zombie is 50, hydra is 150 i think. And whats the list anyway.

sry i dont hope you get banned again but i been on these forums for awhile+im a 14 yr old net nerd :dork:

JESUS CHRIST alb1221

YOU POST WAY TOO MUCH AND YOU ARE A COMPLETE DUMBASS. GO AWAY. GET A LIFE. FOR ONE THAT SITS ON THE COMPUTER SO MUCH I WOULD THINK YOU WOULD HAVE A CLUE ABOUT SOMETHING COMPUTER RELATED BUT YOU DONT. HOW DEPRESSING.

all i can do now is create lan games, i cant even search for internet games

spamming idiot. had to start another thread about the same thing. Please keep your screen name in multiplayer, I'll be happy to repeatedly blow your arms off

The moderators need to start banning more. I am patient with most stupid posts (at least i like to think so) but things are going too far.

dont be depressed, remember when these graphics were the cream of the crop.
HERE

I've downloaded Half-Life, Counter-Strike, and Day of Defeat.. they all work. Just let it download for some time by itself in the background (I left it on for the night), there are too many people downloading.

Well I havn't touched steam since i reformatted my computer (quite some time ago), but i agree steam is a load of shit. All it is, is a super glorified auto updater which is more trouble than it's worth, especially when it starts up at the beggining of windows despite being set not to.

Anything it can do there's something that can do it better.

Steam is as bugged as shit, i have had to make 4 acounts with 4 different e-mail addresses simply because steam is constantly crashing.

Back