Write game business ideas - how?

chuawenching

Reaction score
Hi there,

I am somehow interested to join a competition in my country.

I check the requirements.

The team must submit an outline of an innovative business idea that involves the use of IT in such a way that it leads to the creation of a successful business venture or company. The idea can be a product, a service or something that can create value or income,increase sales, or reduce costs. It may consist of entirely new products or services or it could just be a new way to do old things. The use of IT in a significant way to assist the development or operation of the business idea is compulsory, however the product or service itself does not need to be IT-related. Judging will be based on the creativity of the business idea and how IT is creatively used.

--> Hmm.. how should i get started?

Send in a business plan or what? I don't really understand the meaning on it.

Any tips?

If write business ideas, any good format or samples which i can use as a references?

Any help?

I plan to write a game - but a game is really orginal.. then how?

Thanks.

Regards,
Chua Wen Ching

It depends on the timeframe, but you could write a business plan for a game development company. Include a detailed plan on your game idea with drawings and notes about the game. If your going to include a small part of the game, or demo, that would be a good idea also.

In the game idea plan, you should include information (pictures, notes, drawings, etc.) about the characters involved, levels, gameplay, objects, etc. And of course the game story outline.

You will also want to include marketing plans. Also you should create time schedules on how long it should take to develop the game and publish it.

You should research your potential customers (Gamers).

You should touch on security and how you can prevent cheating (if its multiplayer). Less cheating means more happy players. More happy players mean more potential revenue.

Write about how your game will be different from others that are similar . Write why you believe your game will be fun, and why you believe it will sell.

I'm sure I missed some stuff. But that should get you on your way.

Just remember, if you want to win, go all out on it. If not, don't bother.

Anubis

Just an add on Anubis,

in this competition there is 3 stages..

1 stage write a business proposal less than 1000 words

2 stage (if i choosen in 1st stage) just write a business plan

3 stage presentation

So i can't just submit an entire game right business plan..

and they don't expect me to develop a game, they want to see how creative it to be?

I hope i am right? But had no idea how to write business proposal? I had no idea how it looks like.. as there are so many formats... which one is the standard format.

Thanks again for the reply.

Regards,
Chua Wen Ching :p

Back