wtf? Half-Life movie?

Xrenity

Reaction score
I was watching on imDB and I found THIS.

A movie called 'Half-Life', to be released in 2006.
Wonder if this is about Half-Life the game or just something else.

Also It's a pitty I can't find pictures of all actors.

btw, is This the man who gives voice to the Gman :p

We know, but not all of us. I don't know what kind of movie that is, we'll see.

Gman is hot :]

Genre: Drama?

Maybe just a coincidental title. After all the original use of the term "Half life" was used to describe the amount of time before a radioactive substance lost half its radioactivity :p

Sounds like a dodgy name for a dramatic movie though

imDB is almost completely made up of user submitted content, so i wouldnt be surprised if it is somone bullshitting :D

Lobster said:
imDB is almost completely made up of user submitted content, so i wouldnt be surprised if it is somone bullshitting :D

True... And a lack of the actor pictorals could possiby mean that whoever made up the BS. Also made up the feigned actors.

Sue these bastards for copyright infringement.

What... Is that...

Edit: Yeah they stole the Half-Life name. :(

I SAY WE TEAR THEM DOWN!

LET US GO! ONWARD!!

I think it is quite funny how everyone automatically thought it was about the game.

shark said:
I think it is quite funny how everyone automatically thought it was about the game.
I think it's quite funny how you automatically thought everyone thought it was about the game.

I take back the everyone part, just the people that posted about it. and that was not a flame.

funny how you guys always find interesting things for the forums... :p

This was posted on Half-Life Radio a while back. It was on an IGN Game-to-Film project list they were doing. (FilmForce)

Doom: The Movie is scheduled to come out in August of next year. I think that should be a good movie. Half-Life: The movie I expect will be great too.

The Rock (Dwayne Johnson from Walking Tall, Scorpion King) will be in Doom.

Max Payne is also going to appear in Hollywood (At least they hope...)

Edit: By the way, I've never even heard of some of those actors/actresses...I did a google search on all of them, and only a select few had actual pictures of the person. Alexander Agate in images.google shows a diamond ring. And two or three people are asian....

someone stated in another thread that that is not really the guy.

Xrenity said:

No, it's not based on the game. And no, it's not Mike Shapiro either. Why would there be a picture of him on the website for the "High Museum of Art"?

It better be a good movie, and not one of those cheap ass 1930's Japenese movies made from paper and string.

eLGee said:
No, it's not based on the game. And no, it's not Mike Shapiro either. Why would there be a picture of him on the website for the "High Museum of Art"?

If its not based on the actual game, why does IGN FilmForce say it is? I think IGN has a better reputation than that movie website, to be honest.

You can't sue someone for copyright infringement when it's a dictionary word, and when it isn't even the same type of commercial product...

TST_Devgru Seal said:
If its not based on the actual game, why does IGN FilmForce say it is? I think IGN has a better reputation than that movie website, to be honest.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0428620/ <--- This movie is not based on the game. Why? Because this movie has a full cast and a director, the game-movie hasn't even started preproduction. Doug Lombardi said that they've had some discussions with some studios, but nothing has been started.

edit: And please, provide a link with your source.

half-life does have a meaning other then just the game

science class kids!

Xrenity said:

Last year, when there where rumours about a Half-Life movie, I went google searching. I stumbled across a site devoted to this film called Half-Life (which was being scripted at the time). It is a drama set in the suburbs. Sorry!

*sniff* ;( in science class, I had to draw an example of Half-Life of some element, I just ended up drawing Gordon Freeman killing a headcrab with a crowbar and wrote Half-Life on the bottom..

I failed.

But they did made a Half-Life movie awhile ago.. it had some scary british man getting chased by some puppet.. they cancelled production of it or something..

GWalker said:
Doom the movie staring: The Rock. WOW

Its not going to star the ROCK anymore, they decided on another cast member. I trying to remember the name, hasn't come to me, I'll find out during the week

Edgar said:
*sniff* ;( in science class, I had to draw an example of Half-Life of some element, I just ended up drawing Gordon Freeman killing a headcrab with a crowbar and wrote Half-Life on the bottom..

I failed.

But they did made a Half-Life movie awhile ago.. it had some scary british man getting chased by some puppet.. they cancelled production of it or something..

Was the hand puppet by any chance a low budget version of a headcrab :naughty:

Er, I was pretty sure Valve has the rights to the name "Half-Life" concerning movies and games...they do often talk to the folks in hollywood afterall..

© 2004 Valve Corporation. All rights reserved. Valve, the Valve logo, Half-Life, the Half-Life logo, the Lambda logo, Steam, the Steam logo, Team Fortress, the Team Fortress logo, Opposing Force, Day of Defeat, the Day of Defeat logo, Counter-Strike, the Counter-Strike logo, Source, the Source logo, Valve Source and Counter-Strike: Condition Zero are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of Valve Corporation
Well I guess you can copyright scientific terms :p

Edgar said:

I failed.

dont tell me that you do that :LOL:

Hmm I dont like it that I dont know any of the actors though... I think Ive seen James Eckhouse before though.

i hope they don't make a half-life movie, that would be faggish.

Back