X800 XT Owners/Buyers....

Azrael.

Reaction score
Too everyone out there, including myself, who has put money down for an X800 XT, I have a few questions:

Where did you get it at?

When did you order/purchase it?

How much did it cost?

Do you have it now?

How long did it take to ship?

I was wondering, because I haven't seen any solid information about the delay on the cards... And I was wondering when I will really get mine in. (BTW, I ordered mine for $450 from Gateway in early July) I absolutely need this card for Doom3, I need to run it in it's full glory! Well anyways, thanks for your input.

Im getting one as part of my alienware system so no delay for me.

ShadowBlade said:
Im getting one as part of my alienware system so no delay for me.

You do realise that, apart from paying way too much, you'll have tp put up with one of the ugliest cases known to man :/

Don't do it my friend!!

Warbie said:
You do realise that, apart from paying way too much, you'll have tp put up with one of the ugliest cases known to man :/

Don't do it my friend!!

Agreed. It might be a hassle to put it together yourself (mine was a very very painful expierience.) but it saves you like $1000 dollars or so. Don't go Alienware...or Dell... If you want a beast rig. Built it yourself for more optimization and only the parts you want. For much less cash!

Anyways, back to the subject of X800 XT's....

Please dont turn this guys thread into an anti Alienware debate :/

I agree, I really need some info on the release of the X800 XT's... Any info...

I always thought the Alienware cases were really cool looking until I actually saw it. Those cases are gigantic. I mean like 2 feet tall, 2 feet deep, and about 10 inches wide..

riTuaL said:
I always thought the Alienware cases were really cool looking until I actually saw it. Those cases are gigantic. I mean like 2 feet tall, 2 feet deep, and about 10 inches wide..

Yes, Indeed they are, but if you want to talk about Alienware's start a new thread... :dozey: We need info on the X800 XT's! I need this for Doom3...

BTW, riTual... Do you have to set your AGP settings down to 4x on your motherboard as a result of crashing issues? I have to do that now and I'm wonding if I will have to do it with my X800...

Looks like you got to wait till september 15. What ****ing bullshit. :flame:
Maybee I dont know how to tell dates though whatever 9/15/04 is.

Yeah, don't worry, I doubt you'll get it that late. Right now where I buy my PCs, they already have x800 pros in stock to be put into your PC. They don't have XT P.E.s yet, but I'm expecting them to have them in rather soon.

I'm sure they will be I'm just concerned with Doom3 at the moment. I haven't even begin to think about HL2 actually shipping. :LOL:

I ordered mine last week at PC Connection because they were the first ones I found that could ship to canada.

While ordering it on the phone, the guy said it would take 2 weeks and half before they ship it; the web site had the same info. At the beginning of this week the web site changed the ship date for 4 weeks, so I called PC Connection to ask about my order and they confirmed it would be shipped on august 5. I strongly hope it will not be delayed.

I got it for 464$US, but today PC Connection brought the price up to 549$US! :D

I also need it for doom 3 because im currently stuck with an 8500 :x.

encouragingnews: last week, shopati.ca (for canada) said the x800 xt's would ship on the 15 of october 2004 and that they were ONLY taking pre-orders. Today, the same shopati.ca says it will ship when availlable but does not have any in stock. It also changed from pre-orders to orders. This probably means nothing, but its still encouraging.

btw Azrael., could you pm me when you receive your card or when it ships, I am also waiting impatiently for it.

Azreal, our specs are alot alike. I spent months weighing price/performance and got a little out of hand. My proccessor price just dropped 120 bucks leaving me not to happy.

jackal said:
Azreal, our specs are alot alike. I spent months weighing price/performance and got a little out of hand. My proccessor price just dropped 120 bucks leaving me not to happy.

I agree. It seems like right after I bought everything the price dropped. Oh well... At least we have quality rigs for Doom3 and HL2 :cheers: (and all the games to come...)

That's what working full time all summer gets you ;)

My x800 doesn't work with my system so it's gathering dust. Just like the R9800XT. Ati=retarded.

Azrael. said:
I agree. It seems like right after I bought everything the price dropped. Oh well... At least we have quality rigs for Doom3 and HL2 :cheers: (and all the games to come...)

That's what working full time all summer gets you ;)

I've been meaning to say this a long time: you misspelled AMD Athlon in your sig!

RoyaleWithCheese is jealous at Azrael's rig

Hish said:
my friend clicked on a link like that shuzer, and he got a lot of virusses,
so please dont mess around here..

..it's an ebay auction :|

If anyone lives in canada they can pick up an x800 xt right now from bcom. I dont know if they will ship it to you but you can drive over their and pick it up :LOL:
Link
To overpriced for me. I would run out and buy one right now if it wasnt $881.
Its the ASUS version.
Ohh so tempting ;(

Azreal try gameve.com I got my visiontek x800 before anywhere had one in stock, and the visiontek people seem to put there card out faster unless u wanna pay 100 more dollars for some shitty games bundled with asus or sapphire, also visiontek actually has Americans working in tech support (no headaches involved)

himself said:
how much did you spend on your system azrael?

About $2000 or so. I had some of my components (soundcard, speakers, etc) before, and then I sold my old computer to my dad and bought all my new components (case, mobo, processor, etc). I ended up only paying about $1000 after I sold my other comp and all.

jackal said:
Azreal try gameve.com I got my visiontek x800 before anywhere had one in stock, and the visiontek people seem to put there card out faster unless u wanna pay 100 more dollars for some shitty games bundled with asus or sapphire, also visiontek actually has Americans working in tech support (no headaches involved)

I would but I had problems with a Visiontek Geforce4 Ti 4600, so I'm a bit wary as to buy from them again. I already bought one from Gateway, I'm just wondering when it's actually going to come in...

Back