Xbox sold out. ebay bids reaching $4,100

VirusType2

Reaction score
damn dude, check this out.
xbox 360

Bids for Xbox360 reaching $4,100 becuase the thing is sold out already.

Can you belive these brainless people have 4,100 to spend? I'd like to find out what they do for a living besides be stupid. its sold out, but more units will be shiped. its not the last ones on earth people. /slap

Xbox 360 Sold Out Online

Pre-sales of Microsoft’s next-generation gaming system wipes out e-tail inventory weeks before system ships.
November 4, 2005

Microsoft’s Xbox 360 is already sold out online, forcing Wal-Mart’s e-tail site to suggest to consumers that they line up outside its stores at midnight on November 22, the date it will be released in the United States.

“We’re sorry, but we’re sold out of our initial launch quantity of Xbox 360 hardware,” said the site. “However, the Xbox 360 will be available in Wal-Mart stores at 12:00 a.m. on Tuesday, November 22.”

Amazon’s site also said the unit is not available in the U.S. and told consumers in the United Kingdom they may not be able to get an Xbox 360 before the holidays, according to Bloomberg News.

Bids on eBay reached as high as $4,100 this week, according to PortalIT. On Friday, eBay bids were over $1,200. Microsoft plans to sell the unit for $299, or $399 with extra accessories.

Other sites such as Buy.com also did not seem to list the unit, and a search on Froogle turned up sites that said the system was either “out of stock” or “temporarily unavailable.”

Microsoft hopes to ship 4.5 million to 5.5 million Xbox 360 systems by June for a total of at least $1.35 billion. It seems well on the way, judging by initial demand. Shares of Microsoft were up $0.18 to $26.62 in recent trading.

Microsoft CFO Chris Liddell predicted shortages of the company’s next-generation gaming system on a conference call, but said the Redmond software giant would continually supply merchants with additional units.

The company hopes to catch up to Sony, whose PlayStation 2 still sells double the number of gaming systems as the Xbox in the U.S., according to the NPD Group. Microsoft already has 15 to 20 games coming out with the release. The company also faces competition from Nintendo’s GameCube.
source :
http://www.redherring.com/Article.aspx?a=14314&hed=Xbox+360+Sold+Out+Online

lol, good thing I never wanted one in the first place.

damn can people not wait its not that big of a deal

VirusType2 said:
Can you belive these brainless people have 4,100 to spend?
I can't believe the brainless people with ~$500 to spend on it (and games) when the competition hasn't even begun to show off their wares in earnest yet.

Don't blow your wads yet!!! Nobody likes a premature profligator*.

*Poetic License on file with the National Organization for the Advancement of Creative Grammatics.

If you have the money why not?

If i was rich id buy all the xboxs from ebay.

Raziel-Jcd said:

if your willing to spend that much u might as well get a nice pc

He just did. :p

That is quite rediculous that people are willing to pay 8 times the retail price of the console like that. They should've pre-ordered like everyone else...
People should learn to have some patience too; it's not like there will be no more 360's sold later on. :|

Some lucky guy just made loads of money. Clever way to make money, people will fight each other till the death if they want something.

People are stupid (the ones paying so much) :p

Raziel-Jcd said:

You would buy them all? See thats what I'm saying. How could anyone that stupid have that much money? a huge 1 ton weight fell on your head and now you get disability checks for life from the government?

Do you have a job where you get paid for making horrible financial decisions? if so, let me know! I'm great at that!

I mean. ------>:LOL:

Honestly I don't know how they are all over ebay already, they aren't even out yet. they say next day shipping! now, this would be illegal i would think. only thing i can think of is that Microsoft is auctioning them., or that you can bid on them, but you won't get the machine until after its released anyway.

I don't understand.

You bid, because they've got a preorder or something similar for one, and then when they get it they send it to you.

**** I shoulda preordered two, get a 360 and 4k at the same time!

Probably rich parents who need to buy them for their son and don't know shit about videogames.

People if you had the money. Trust me you would buy it. Its not stupid its goes like this.

For a normal person 400$ for a console is ok to omg i need to save. For a rick person its like buying spoons. I have a friend who has bought so many PlayStation 2's its insane. For him its nothing. Just because your rick doesnt mean your stupid.

You have the money why not use it?

You heard about the omega x box 360?

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/360/360.asp

Thats the cheaper one.

http://www.venturus.com/index.php/p...x-360-omega-bundle-with-dell-plasma-10041214/

Thats the most expensive xbox.

People have money. So much they dont know what to do with it. Its not stupid to use this money. Its stupid to not use it, and then die with 10mill in your bank.

Got money use! Dont got money save it!

Simple.

Would you say they are stupid if they spent $20 at a restaurant when they could have a couple hundred pounds of rice for the same? It's all relative, as explained above.

Oh, i know what you are saying, in fact thats my motto,"Why spend $50 on dinner when i can go to BurgerKing and spend $5? I'm just going to shit it out anyway. lol.

but my point was simply--why pay $4,000 on ebay for something that you can buy for $299 and $399. You see there is no fancy restaurant atmosphere difference here. same product.

It said nothing about a bundle. It said,"xbox360 selling for 1,100 and $4,100". Now, after looking on ebay, I'm convinced this was misleading. These are bundles packed with like 20 games selling for this much. I don't like being misled. Redherring.com loses credibility in my book

The source either was misleading from lack of information, or deliberate - for shock value. Headlines like that get your attention and thats what advertisers want i guess?

I don't know. who cares anymore. :smoking:
The main reason i started the thread was becuase it said something about not being sure microsoft could supply europe with Xbox360's by the holidays. ;(

On another note:
I just saw another comercial for Need for speed most wanted and its showed the most realistic video game graphics I've ever seen! Holy shit. Not to mention simply fun as shit looking. My brother thought it was a commercial for a new action movie coming out or something, i had to tell him it was the game. Needless to say, he was surprized.
2 of my brothers are getting a 360. I want one so bad, but now im not sure i will have the money in time to pre-order. :(

Back