Xenonauts Public Demo Out

pvtbones

Spy
Reaction score
Xenonauts is a Spiritual Successor to the Original XCOM games, made by the fans for the fans of the originals. and it has just started a Kick Starter to getting additional funding to make this pretty awesome game even more awesome and polished, and in doing so they've also released a playable Demo
( LINK HERE ) The Game is still in the Alpha Stages with two Alien races but you can really see the potential this game has to live up the the original XCOMs. I'm started playing the current version that was released, and I've been having a blast. it really does bring back the xcom feel.

Xenonauts is a single-player PC strategy game. Primarily a strategy game, it straddles several sub-genres and so we’ve resorted to describing it as a ‘planetary defence simulator’. The player is in control of an organisation tasked with defending the planet against extraterrestrial invasion; establishing bases across the world that house the aircraft, scientists, technicians and soldiers that will be used to protect humanity. The skies must be defended against alien incursion, while ground teams must be sent into combat to capture crashed UFOs or cleanse terror sites to retain the confidence of funding nations and capture new extraterrestrial artefacts and technology to study. As the game goes on, the player researches the captured artefacts to unlock new units and battlefield technology to use in the fight against the aliens while slowly discovering their origins, eventually learning enough to defeat the alien invasion – assuming that they have not already been overrun!

And now screen shots! (these are not my personal screens, so some might be a bit out of date. if you guys would like I'll put some up of my current game.

Xenonauts-Battlescape-Squad-vs-Alien.jpg

timthumb.php

Xenonauts-Air-Combat.jpg

Back